Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024-2025 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. The fellowship lasts for two years, with a potential one-year extension. The Fellowships include a stipend, health insurance, and other benefits in a highly attractive package.
This is a fantastic chance for you if you want to pursue postdoctoral research. The Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowship application process is now available. In this article, we’ll go into great detail regarding this scholarship program, its advantages, and how to apply.
Upon completion, the top fellows will also be qualified to apply for ICGEB Early Career Research Grants to finance their own research programs as junior principal investigators once they return to an ICGEB Member State.
The ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Fellowship Programmes are five different types of long and short-term PhD and Postdoctoral awards available to scientists who are nationals of ICGEB Member States to conduct research in Trieste, New Delhi, or Cape Town. They are named in honor of Prof. Arturo Falaschi, the brain and driving force of the Centre at its inception.
Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): ICGEB
- Study in: Trieste, Italy / New Delhi, India / Cape Town, South Africa
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Life Sciences
- Program Period: 2 years with the possibility of a 1-year extension
- Deadline: March 31, 2024, Starting from October 01
Scholarship Coverage and benefits for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 18,750.
- Travel: The fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- All Research costs will be supported by the research group’s budget.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
Accommodation Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024
- ICGEB Trieste: A Housing Service is run through the Welcome Office – Friuli Venezia Giulia.
- ICGEB New Delhi: A Guest House is run on campus, on a twin-share basis, for a nominal rate.
- ICGEB Cape Town: Accommodation support is provided to fellows. Arrangements are agreed prior to arrival.
Eligibility Criteria for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships
To qualify for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless they have been working abroad for, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application.
- Degree requirements: applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences.
- The applicant must have at least 3 years research experience.
- Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
How to Apply for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships:
(1) Create an account and start filling the application from here.
(2) You need to provide these documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Proposed research.
- PhD degree certificate
- Personal statement.
- Three (3) referees who can provide a letter of reference on your behalf. At least one of these should be a member of the University or College you attended most recently.
To know more about Arturo Falaschi Postdoctoral Fellowships, please visit official website: