Amazing news! Begin your educational journey in Beijing, China. The Beijing Government Scholarships are open. We will go into great depth regarding this scholarship in this post, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
For overseas students, the Beijing Government award 2024–2025 is a fully financed award. The Beijing Municipal Education Commission has provided the scholarship with an initial funding of 35 million yuan (about $5 million). The scholarship is divided into three categories, with the highest awarding each student 40,000 yuan (US $5,700).
The first of its type to be provided by a local government in China, the Beijing Municipal Government has created a scholarship fund for international students and scholars in Beijing. Although the government is providing the scholarship, people, businesses, and organizations are invited to contribute in the future.
The Beijing Government Scholarship seeks to increase the number of overseas students who attend Beijing universities in order to further the globalization of Beijing’s higher education system.
Beijing Government Scholarship 2024 (Fully Funded)
Beijing Government Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institutions(s): Beijing Universities
- Study in: China
- Courses Offered: Philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, management, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, and art.
- Beijing Government Scholarship Deadline: Between February to June of each year
Beijing Government Scholarship Duration
- Applicants for Bachelor, Masters and Doctoral Degrees in Chinese universities and colleges in Beijing region: duration of scholarship should be under 4 years.
- Applicants for Chinese language training or relevant advanced studies in Chinese universities and colleges in the Beijing region: the duration of scholarship should be under one year.
- Scholars and international students for specialized training in Chinese universities and colleges in Beijing region: the duration of scholarship should be under one year.
- Exchange students or students with outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing: the duration of scholarship should be under one year.
The Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students only covers tuition fees. According to the applicants’ status, the allowance for scholarship students can be classified into 5 types:
- 40,000 RMB/year for a Doctoral degree
- 30,000 RMB/year for a Masters degree
- 20,000 RMB/year/ for a Bachelor degree
- 10,000 RMB/year for a Senior training or long term language program
- 5,000 RMB/year for Exchange students or students with outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing.
Eligibility Criteria for Beijing Government Scholarship
To qualify for Beijing Government Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Languages: Requirement for the applicant’s language proficiency is based on the requirement of the academic programs and determined by the individual higher learning institution.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries except Chinese citizens.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Applicants for undergraduate studies in Beijing must have completed senior high school with good grades and be under the age of 30.
- Applicants for Masters degree studies in Beijing must have Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for Doctoral degree studies in Beijing must have Master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for advanced studies must have an undergraduate degree or be in the second year of a university course and be under the age of 50.
- Applicants for long term language study must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 60.
- Visiting scholar candidates in Beijing must have a Masters or higher degree or hold academic titles of associate professor or higher, and be under the age of 50.
- Meeting entry requirements of the applied university and program.
- Applicants should not be awardees of Chinese government scholarships at the same time.
How to Apply for Beijing Government Scholarship?
Please follow the following step by step application instructions to avail Beijing Government Scholarship:
- Select a university which offer Beijing Government Scholarship from here.
- Once you finalize any university situated in Beijing then visit the website of that University in Beijing for “International Students” and locate Scholarships tab
- In Scholarships Section, click on Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship. Here you’ll find the complete procedure guide of that particular Beijing University with application forms and required document list but see below steps for the general procedure:
- List of Documents Required for Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship:
- Application Form for Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship (can be collected from the institutions in Beijing or downloaded from the school’s website)
- Highest diploma and transcript (notarized photocopy).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by the Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of study in China is six months or greater).
- Applicants for Degree study or specialized research should submit a study plan (no more than 400 words) or a research plan (no more than 800 words).
- Applicants for music and fine arts are requested to submit personal works.
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the legal documents of their legal guardians in China.
- Applicants submit documents to the Chinese government office in charge of sending international students to China, relevant offices in the applicants’ home country, or the Chinese diplomatic missions or embassies in the applicants’ home country.
- Applicants may submit documents to Chinese institutions in Beijing directly.
To know more about Beijing Government Scholarship, please visit official website: