Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program 2024: The Berkeley Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program 2024 is seeking applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries to help fund postgraduate studies for African students attending UC Berkeley in the United States.
For 108 highly academically gifted African students from sub-Saharan countries who are dedicated to making a significant difference in Africa, the Center for African Studies and the Mastercard Foundation have partnered for an extended relationship spanning ten years.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UC Berkeley is expected to support about 28 master’s students year through 2028, with 12–16 new students entering in each class each year until then.
134 students from 24 different African countries attended this program in 2012, including students from Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Eswatini (Swaziland), Ethiopia, and Gambia. Ghana Kenya Liberia Madagascar Malawi Mozambique Nigeria Senegal S. Africa Sudan, South Sudan Tanzania Ghana, Uganda Zambia Zimbabwe). Our alumni list includes people who have completed more than 35 different degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
The purpose of the MasterCard Foundation, which has virtually exclusively focused on Africa, is to advance education and broaden financial access for people living in poverty. Founded in 2006 by Mastercard International and managed independently by their Board of Directors (external link).
The Young Africa Works(link external) strategy of the Foundation lays out lofty objectives for Africa within ten years; by 2030, its efforts should assist 30 million young Africans, particularly women, in finding respectable and meaningful employment that they feel satisfies them both professionally and personally. It expects that by using youth as the primary gauge of socioeconomic development, millions of people will be freed from the shackles of poverty.
Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program 2024
- University of California, Berkeley.
Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program 2024 Benefits
- Fully Funded Covers All Expenses Tuition fee , Accommodation, Health Insurance And other Travel expenses,
- The University of Berkeley in California Berkeley(link external) is one of the two partner universities offering professional master’s degrees, and undergraduate degrees.
- In 1868, UC Berkeley stands as one of the top educational institutions as well as university that is public. It is well-known for its nickname, ‘Cal.” Berkeley stands out in academic and student achievements and research publications libraries, laboratory capabilities, and even nationwide rankings that regularly rank Berkeley as the best institution as well as a top program across a range of academic fields. The student experience at Berkeley is something you will never forget!
- To learn more about the services that Berkeley is able to offer, look through the Undergraduate(link external) as well as Graduate(link can be found externally) applications pages.
- Students with disabilities UC Berkeley provides some of the largest support and services to students who have disabilities. To learn more, go to the Disabled Students’ Program website(link is external).
Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program 2024 Eligibility criteria
- Sub-Saharan African Citizens: This award covers Africans displaced or who have come from Africa as refugees or permanent residents; it does not aim to reward citizens from North African nations; individuals holding dual citizenship such as asylum refugees or permanent residence status in Canada, the US, UK or EU do not qualify.
- Academic Prowess: All prospective Scholars must first gain admission into one of UC Berkeley’s master’s degree programs before becoming candidates for this scholarship award. Admission requirements at Berkeley include high academic quality.
- Showing leadership potential The program seeks people committed to developing skills and attitudes associated with transformative leadership; engaging people morally to bring about lasting changes that benefit everyone involved.
- Being from an economically marginalized background: This scholarship was established to assist those demonstrating exceptional talent who may otherwise not have access to quality higher education.
- Have You Made a Commitment to the Community You Live in and/or Country or continent: We seek students who demonstrate an array of interests and take an active interest in extracurricular activities outside their classroom environment, from direct research-related to more general areas (social/economic). Applicants should provide details regarding their accomplishments both when applying to UC Berkeley as well as in their Scholarship applications.
- Assuming you wish to return home after finishing their studies: We seek students who are passionate and knowledgeable about issues affecting their community and who wish to utilize UC Berkeley’s time abroad to develop skills necessary for dealing with those problems upon return home. While significant work can still be completed from abroad, Scholars aim for meaningful connections within professional life through internships, educational training or job placement opportunities prior to returning.
Application procedure For Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program 2024
- Graduate students wishing to participate in Mastercard Foundations Scholars Program must enroll in an appropriate graduate degree program; some degree programs may not meet this criterion; here’s a list of master’s degree programs:
- Graduate Division(link has external links) provides detailed information regarding admission conditions of international students pursuing degrees at our graduate programs; any inquiries about admission conditions should be directed toward them directly or their appropriate graduate program(s). Detailed requirements exist for admission to the Scholars Program application process for master’s degrees as well and this process has an application deadline set for the 2028 Fall semester.
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UC Berkeley does not cater to undergraduate students; those wishing to join can still apply for admission and should visit Berkeley’s Undergraduate Admissions site (link outside) for details of the application process; additionally, Scholars Program partners(link is external) recruit undergraduate students as candidates for admissions into Berkeley University of California, Berkeley.
Application deadline for Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program 2024
The Application deadline For Berkeley’s Mastercard Foundation Scholar Program 2024 is Varies Program to Program.