BIGSAS Scholarships 2024 for African Women Study in Germany: Good News for every African woman! The BIGSAS Scholarships 2024 for African Women Scholars are currently accepting applications. This African scholarship is provided by the Bayreuth International Graduate School of African Studies (BIGSAS). For women in 2024, it is a special international scholarship. Outstanding African women from across the continent are cordially invited to join BIGSAS, an international network of early-career researchers with an emphasis on African Studies. A graduate school called BIGSAS is housed in the Africa Multiple Cluster of Excellence at the University of Bayreuth, which is a vibrant, multidisciplinary research hub. This scholarship provides a fantastic opportunity for African women to pursue higher education in Germany. Thus, if you’re an African woman scholar, you need to read this through to the end and apply for the BIGSAS scholarship before the deadline.
This scholarship program at the University of Bayreuth provides a center for creative and innovative doctoral training. offering female scholars a global community as well. Through the Graduate School Scholarship Program (GSSP), which is made possible by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), BIGSAS will award two scholarships in 2024. Candidates who have successfully finished the BIGSAS application process are nominated during the selection process. The DAAD makes the final decision regarding which candidates to award scholarships to, although BIGSAS nominates candidates. Because of this, the BIGSAS-DAAD scholarship offers all African women who want to pursue graduate studies a fantastic financial opportunity.
Additionally, African women will have the opportunity to study in Germany and be awarded the DAAD Graduate School Scholarship through the BIGSAS Scholarships 2024. The Bayreuth BIGSAS scholarships run for a maximum of four years, starting in October 2024. Moreover, candidates must hold a master’s degree or its equivalent, with the last master’s degree or equivalent completed within the previous six years of BIGSAS’s nomination. The organization doesn’t operate as a scholarship program and doesn’t receive ongoing funding or assistance. Nevertheless, BIGSAS uses the DAAD or GSSP to nominate applicants and provide scholarships. Gender equality is a priority for the Bayreuth International Graduate School of African Studies (BIGSAS). The Bayreuth University Scholarship awarded to African women scholars amply illustrates this. So, why do you hesitate? The BIGSAS Scholarships 2024 for African Women Scholars are accepting applications now.
BIGSAS Scholarships 2024 for African Women | Study in Germany
- Country: Germany
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: Africa
- Deadline: December 31, 2023
Eligibility Criteria for BIGSAS Scholarships 2024 for African Women Scholars:
- Candidates applying for the Bayreuth BIGSAS Scholarships must possess a Master’s degree or an equivalent qualification.
- The scholarship in Germany is open to exceptional African women scholars.
- Therefore, all applicants need to be citizens of an African country or meet residency requirements.
- Applicants must intend to pursue a doctoral research project aligned with the research interests and academic disciplines represented by the members of BIGSAS.
- Similarly, they also need to hold a Master’s or equivalent degree acquired within the last six years at the time of nomination by BIGSAS.
- Depending on the language of instruction and research at BIGSAS, applicants may need to demonstrate proficiency in the required language (e.g. English or German).
- African women scholars must commit to a full-time research and research training experience. However, a certain percentage of time may be allowed for teaching or clinical care not associated with a research project.
- Moreover, applicants must not be living in Germany for more than fifteen months at the time of nomination for the BIGSAS Scholarships.
- Although applications can be submitted in German, English, or French, it is important to note that the primary working language at BIGSAS is English.
Benefits of BIGSAS Scholarships for African Women Scholars 2024:
- The BIGSAS Scholarship 2024 is an excellent scholarship for African students, particularly African Women Scholars.
- BIGSAS provides access to an interdisciplinary research environment. Hence, allowing scholars to engage with various academic disciplines related to African Studies.
- African scholars become part of an international community of early career researchers. Thus, promoting collaboration and networking opportunities.
- Moreover, with the BIGSAS Scholarships 2024, African women have the opportunity to receive the prestigious DAAD Graduate School Scholarship, enabling them to pursue their studies in Germany.
- As part of the Graduate School Scholarship Program (GSSP), recipients will receive a monthly stipend of 1,200 euros to support their living expenses.
- These payments may cover health, accident, and personal liability insurance.
- Similarly, scholars will get an annual research allowance totaling 460 euros.
- BIGSAS is affiliated with the Africa Multiple Cluster of Excellence, thus offering scholars opportunities to engage with a diverse range of research topics and projects.
- Through the DAAD Scholarship, African Women Scholars will have the opportunity to study in Germany.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Supervision Agreement
- Project Proposal (maximum 10 pages)
- Letter of Motivation (1 page)
- Letters of Recommendation (2)
- Master’s Thesis
- Enrollment Declaration
- Educational Certificates
- List of Academic Publications (if available)
- How to apply for the BIGSAS Scholarships for African Women Scholars in 2024?
- To apply for the African Scholarship, visit the official application portal of BIGSAS or click on the ‘apply now’ button below.
- The official application submission is done through the BayDOC portal. https://baydoc.uni-bayreuth.de/bigsas/index.php?lang=en
- Along with completing the online form, applicants must submit supporting documents (in English, French, or German). These certificates must be certified copies.
- In addition, ensure you meet all the requirements of the BIGSAS Scholarships for African Women.
- BIGSAS will automatically nominate applicants through the DAAD Graduate School Scholarship Program (GSSP).
Application Deadline for the BIGSAS Scholarships 2024 for African Women:
- The deadline to apply for the BIGSAS Scholarships for African Women Scholars is 31 December 2023.