Biology Undergraduate Summer School 2024 in Switzerland | Fully Funded: Would you like to spend the summers in Switzerland? The Biology Undergraduate Summer School 2024 is now accepting applications. This Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) Program is proposed by the School of Biology of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine at UNIL. International students from all over the world are welcome to enroll in the European Summer School. For this 2024 SUR Program in Switzerland, undergraduate students who have already finished the first two years of their bachelor’s degree are eligible. With a strong emphasis on biological sciences, the international undergraduate summer program offers a plethora of research opportunities in biology, medicine, or related fields. The Undergraduate Summer School in Biology offers an opportunity to conduct top-notch research in one of the world’s best laboratories. The fully funded summer research program in Switzerland seeks to provide a thorough understanding of research and laboratory work. Additionally, it provides the students with a variety of tools to help them apply their theoretical knowledge to real-world situations.
The Summer Undergraduate Research Program runs for eight weeks and is fully funded. This eight-week undergraduate summer school in biology in Switzerland will introduce students to curriculum and research topics. Since English is an international language and the official language of many nations, international students can study and communicate in English without encountering any communication barriers during the fully-funded summer program abroad. The nearly eight-week UNIL summer program for undergraduate students will begin in July and run through August. The fully funded SUR Program 2024 will choose roughly fifteen bachelor’s students with backgrounds in biology and medicine.
They will gain knowledge of the most effective methods of scientific reasoning and science communication skills through the European Summer Exchange Program. International undergraduate students studying biology have the chance to take part in various research projects at one of the best laboratories at the University of Lausanne (UNIL) in Switzerland during the Biology Undergraduate Summer School 2024. A fully funded research summer school scholarship seeks to give students a better understanding of lab research work and the tools and abilities they need to apply their knowledge in real-world settings. International students will have the chance to study scientific communication and reasoning. This fully-funded research program offers all students a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to positively impact both their future and the world at large.
Every member of the UNIL SUR Program 2024 will conduct their research project in a lab that is distinct from the Faculty of Medicine and Biology. The goal of this fully funded summer program in Europe is to draw exceptional, excellent, and driven students who are eager to engage in lifelong research. Along with interacting with other participants, the students will be able to gain experiences and learn from one another in a variety of ways. There are multiple common academic activities at the international undergraduate summer school. These events include talks on various research topics and career paths by esteemed faculty members and student research presentations. Additionally, they will have the opportunity to attend workshops on career guidance for academics and beyond. Along with all of these educational pursuits, students will also take part in a variety of social events such as swimming, skiing in the Alps, grilling out, and trips to other Swiss cities.
Biology Undergraduate Summer School 2024 in Switzerland | Fully Funded
- Country: Switzerland
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- 3 July to 28 August 2024
- Deadline: January 31, 2024
Eligibility Criteria of the Biology Undergraduate Summer School 2024:
- Applicants should have an academic background in biology, medicine or a related discipline with a strong focus on biological sciences.
- Applicants must have completed two years of their bachelor’s degree and will be pursuing their third year at the time of the SUR programme.
- As the summer program is highly competitive, students must have a GPA >3.75 or equivalent or be in the top 5% of class ranking.
- Students should have excellent communication skills in spoken and written English.
- Students must be able to participate for the entire duration of the international summer program.
- The UNIL SUR Program 2024 is open to both national and international students.
- Applicants must be proficient in English as the international summer camp is in English.
Benefits of the Biology Undergraduate Summer School in Switzerland:
- The program will pay for and arrange for the housing of all the participants. SUR participants will be housed in one of the UNIL associations in Lausanne in a male/female (mixed) furnished apartment.
- The 2024 SUR program will provide an amount of CHF 1,500 to cover other living expenses.
- Students will get reimbursement for travel expenses at the end of the program.
- Visa assistance is also provided to all international students who need it.
Requirements for the SUR Program:
- Official recent transcripts
- SUR Programme 2024 application questionnaire (template is provided on the official website)
- Personal statements
- Letters of recommendation.
- Click the Apply Now button below to start your UNIL Biology Undergraduate Summer School 2024 application.
- Applicants must create a SWITCH edu-ID account on the official website.
- Fill in all the information that is required for the edu-ID account carefully.
- After creating the account, applicants can easily access the online application page.
- Search for the summer research program on that application page, and you will get all summer programs.
- Select the program of your choice; you will get the course details of the Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) Programme 2024.
- After that, fill in your personal details in the application form of your choice and upload the required documents.
- Applicants must carefully submit the form before the SUR Programme 2024 deadline.
- For more details, visit the official website.
Biology Undergraduate Summer School 2024 Deadline:
- The last date to apply for UNIL Summer Undergraduate Research Programme 2024 in Switzerland is 31 January 2024.