Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2024 in the UK | Fully Funded: For international students, the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2024 in the UK offer a fantastic chance to pursue their PhD abroad at no cost. All exceptional and talented applicants from high-income nations who wish to pursue a full-time PhD degree are supported by the Commonwealth Scholarships 2024. With the help of this fully funded UK scholarship, students will be able to develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to meet the objectives of sustainable development. They will also be better equipped to lead their own nations as a result of this scholarship in the UK. These scholarships are provided in the UK by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC), and they are a fantastic way for deserving students to pursue their studies there. In a similar vein, Commonwealth scholarships promote the application of students from various nations, ethnicities, and backgrounds for PhD scholarships in the UK. Fully funded scholarships are another way that the UK encourages international cooperation. Thus, be sure to finish reading!
Additionally, by bringing in foreign students from wealthy nations, these international PhD scholarships will support UK higher education and research while also enhancing individual teaching and research capacities, building institutional capacity in academic and other sectors in Commonwealth countries. Additionally, international students will receive full financial assistance through the scholarships. A fully funded scholarship pays for the entire cost of tuition, round-trip airfare, housing allowance, living stipend, and a grant for academically-related international travel. Academic merit, the caliber of the study plan and research proposal, and other factors are taken into consideration during the selection process for the UK Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2024.
The Commonwealth PhD Scholarships for high-income countries, funded by the UK Department for Education (DFE), allow gifted and driven people to acquire the knowledge and abilities required for sustainable development. Those who otherwise could not afford to study in the UK are the target audience for them. Of all the international scholarship programs, the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is one of the biggest and most renowned. More than 30,000 people have received a Commonwealth scholarship or fellowship since the organization’s founding in 1959, and numerous students have also received funding from the UK government via the UK Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC).
Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2024 in the UK | Fully Funded
Themes for Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2024:
Commonwealth PhD scholarship for international students is open for the following themes:
- Promoting global prosperity
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening international peace, security and governance
- Resilience and response to the crisis
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
PhD Program Duration:
The duration of the fully funded UK Commonwealth Scholarships for PhD students is 3 years.
Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2024 in the UK | Fully Funded
- Country: United Kingdom
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligible Regions: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cayman Islands, Cyprus, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Malta, New Zealand, Seychelles, Singapore, St Kitts and Nevis, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands.
- Deadline: February 27, 2024
Eligibility criteria for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2024:
- To be eligible for the Commonwealth scholarship, applicant must be a citizen of an eligible Commonwealth country or have been granted refugee status.
- Demonstrate current permanent residency in an eligible Commonwealth country, with at least a two-year residency period preceding the application submission.
- Moreover, applicants must not be registered for or have initiated a PhD or an MPhil leading to a PhD at a UK university before the scholarship begins.
- All students should be available to start the scholarship and academic studies in the UK in September/October 2024 (exact date is set by the CSC).
- Also, the Commonwealth PhD Scholarship does not apply to individuals who have already started their PhD in the UK before September 2024.
- In addition, all applicants must have a first degree of at least upper second-class (2:1) honors standard or a lower second-class degree along with a relevant postgraduate qualification (typically a Master’s degree) when applying for this PhD scholarship in UK.
- Similarly, evidence of the degree is a requirement of the application process.
- They should also not be a part of any PhD or MPhil program in their home country or elsewhere.
Benefits of the Commonwealth PhD scholarships 2024:
- The scholarship covers the cost of airfare from the Scholar’s home country to the UK and back at the end of the award.
- Recipients receive a stipend at the rate of £1,347 per month. For those studying in the London metropolitan area, the stipend is £1,652 per month.
- Moreover, the UK scholarship includes approved tuition fees, with the CSC and the UK University reaching an agreement to cover the full fees. Scholars are not responsible for any portion of the tuition fee.
- They also receive a warm clothing allowance where applicable.
- In addition, scholars also receive a study travel grant to assist with the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas.
- All Commonwealth scholars get a family allowance. If they have a spouse, but no children, scholars receive £290 per month for a maximum of nine months. If they have a spouse and children, they receive £290 per month along with a child allowance of £290 for the first child and £143 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16.
- If an applicant is declared with a disability, the CSC will offer a full assessment of your needs and eligibility for additional financial support.
- The Commonwealth PhD scholarship is a great opportunity for international scholars to study in the UK for free.
Documents Required for Commonwealth PhD Scholarships:
- Proof that you are a citizen or have refugee status from an eligible Commonwealth country
- Copy of valid passport (or proof of identity with photograph and date of birth and citizenship)
- Complete transcripts
- References (at least 2)
- Supporting statement from a proposed UK supervisor
- List of publications and prizes up to 10
- How to apply for the Commonwealth PHD Scholarships 2024 in the UK?
- The application window for Commonwealth PhD scholarships targeting high-income countries is currently open.
- Applicants can apply online for the Commonwealth PhD scholarships by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button below.
- All applications must be submitted through the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’s (CSC) online application system.
- Similarly, candidates must complete and submit their applications at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure you meet the requirements and eligibility criteria for the PhD Commonwealth Scholarship in the UK.
- Applicants can expect to receive the outcome of their applications by July 2024.
- The CSC communicates results through email, and applicants should carefully monitor all folders in their email accounts.
- All applicants must submit their applications along with the necessary documents before the deadline.
Application Deadline for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships 2024:
- The deadline to apply for the Commonwealth PhD Scholarships is 27 February 2024.