Commonwealth Professional Fellowships Program 2024 is a great chance for optimistic individuals to spend a period of time at a UK host organization working in their area for a program of professional development. This program offers Fellowships for mid-career professionals from Commonwealth countries to commence a period of training, research, or study in the UK. The objectives of the Commonwealth Fellowship is to advance Fellows’ skills and knowledge so that they can contribute more effectively to the development of their home countries. The program offers an opportunity for mid-career professionals from a variety of sectors to enhance their skills and acquire knowledge about fresh concepts and methods. The Commonwealth Fellowship scheme is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), which invites talented and motivated professionals with the chance to expend, acquire their knowledge and equip themselves with innovative skills.
Professionals from low- and middle-income countries are entitled to apply for the fully funded international fellowships 2024. The fellowship provides opportunities for public sector professionals to learn from and experience the UK with the goal to build up capacity in developing countries. A wide range of the subject including education, science and technology, public administration, and health, are dealt with by the fellowships. The Fellowship allows access to full-time instruction, mentoring, and support for study and research resulting in the development of products like case studies, creative work, policy briefs or papers, , educational resources, etc. These will contribute to the Fellow’s professional development and enhance their capacity to assist their home nation. Furthermore, fellows are given the opportunity to network with other career-minded individuals and create lasting connections with their UK counterparts.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowship a onetime chance to take part in a rigorous, intense research program and learn skills that can advance your career. You will be mentored by some of the most renowned professors and researchers in the world, and you’ll have access to cutting-edge facilities. Commonwealth Professional Fellowships are awarded to the best and brightest young professionals in developing Commonwealth countries, who are passionate about making an impact in their societies. The Commonwealth Professional Fellowships program is an opportunity for high-potential young people from across the Commonwealth to develop their leadership skills and become future leaders in their communities.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships Uk 2024 Details:
- Fellowship Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
- Funded By: UK Department for International Development (DFID)
- Who is eligible? Mid-career professionals
- Deadline: 16 August 2023
List of the Eligible Countries for Commonwealth Professional Fellowships:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea Rwanda
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and The Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
Programs offered by host organizations:
- Cardiff University’s Phoenix Project
- Commonwealth Telecommunications Organization
- Knowledge for Change
- Lifegate Outreach Centre
- Windle Trust International
Benefits of Commonwealth Fellowships 2024:
- Fellows receive an approved return airfare from the fellow’s home country to the UK
- Fellows will be reimbursed for the standard visa application fee
- Fellows will receive a monthly stipend of £1,782.
- Those fellows who are assigned to institutions in the London Metropolitan area will receive a monthly stipend of £2,197.
- Fellows will receive an arrival allowance of up to £972.59 including an element for warm clothing.
- Fellows who declare disabilities will be assessed by the CSC for eligibility for additional financial support.
Eligibility Criteria of the Commonwealth Professional Fellowship 2024:
- The candidate must be a citizen of an eligible Commonwealth country or have been granted refugee status by such a country, or be protected by the British government;
- The candidate must possess permanent residency in one of the Commonwealth countries.
- The candidate must possess a minimum of five years of full-time or equivalent part-time work experience related to the program by the proposed start date of the fellowship. Voluntary work experience will not count toward this requirement.
- The candidate must be employed at the time of application in an organization to which they will return upon completion of the Fellowship;
- Applicants for Professional Fellowships will be required to provide a minimum of two references.
- The CSC will contact prospective Fellows directly if references are required. A host organization may also contact Fellows to request a reference when considering their application;
- The candidate must not have previously undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years.
- The candidate must be available for the start and completion of the fellowship in accordance with the prescribed timeline.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowship Application Deadline:
The application deadline to apply for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowship 2024 in the UK is 16:00 BST on Wednesday 16 August 2023, make sure to submit your application as soon as possible.
How to Apply for Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2024?
Through CSC’s online application process, candidates may apply online.
Prospective fellows will be asked to provide the following information on the application form:
- Provide a list of all undergraduate and graduate university qualifications (where applicable)
- Provide a list of up to 10 publications and prizes (if applicable)
- Give a brief description of your employment history and explain how each position is relevant to the program you wish to pursue in the UK (up to 100 words per employment)
- You should describe how your previous work experience is relevant to the proposed fellowship (up to 300 words)
- Prepare a four-part statement of development impact.