EO Nature and Wildlife Photo Competition 2024: The EO Nature and Wildlife Photo Competition 2024 is being presented by Earth.Org for fervent photographers and nature lovers. According to Earth.Org, the art of photography and visual representation has the power to inspire, spread information, and mobilize efforts to protect our beloved planet. In this international photography contest, photographers of all skill levels are encouraged to use their cameras to capture the amazing beauty of nature and wildlife.
Over 500 talented photographers from more than 60 countries participated in the “Climate Crisis Photography Competition 2023,” which was successfully held by Earth.Org the year before. Photographers will have the chance to share their love of the environment, bring attention to critical conservation concerns, and motivate others to preserve the natural world through this picture competition in 2024. As a result, it serves as a platform for both environmental campaigning and visual storytelling.
There are normally many categories in the EO Nature and Wildlife Photo Competition, including those for wildlife portraits, landscapes, underwater photography, and more. Additionally, the specifics of them are listed below. Each category offers photographers a blank canvas on which to express their distinct viewpoints on wildlife and the natural environment. Technical mastery and a strong emotional connection to the subject matter are frequently combined in winning submissions to produce pictures that move viewers. Recognition, publishing in wildlife periodicals, and occasionally even the chance to work with conservation organizations are all possible rewards.
A call to action for conservation is also included in the EO Nature & Wildlife picture competition, which highlights the remarkable biodiversity of the planet. It brings together photographers from all over the world in their shared love of environment and commitment to preserving it for future generations. Make sure to read all the way to the end if you’re an aspiring photographer or want to share your opinion on the subject.
Photography Competition Categories for EO Nature and Wildlife Photo Competition 2024
Wildlife in Peril
- Bring attention to the impacts of climate change and human activities on biodiversity and wildlife.
- Includes examples such as animals enduring hardship, facing entrapment, or being pushed towards endangerment.
- Images that depict environmental demonstrations (whether led by youth or widespread).
- The practical implementation of climate solutions or initiatives to bring about positive change (such as renewable energy projects, sustainable practices, or beach clean-up efforts).
- The top six best photographs will be the winners from the abovementioned categories.
- Country: Online
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: April 26, 2024
EO Nature and Wildlife Photography competition Eligibility Criteria
Does this photography competition sound interesting to you? If it does, continue reading the eligibility criteria of the Earth.Org Nature and Wildlife Photo Competition 2024.
- The international photography competition is open to participants from all regions.
- All participants must produce exceptional and impactful photographs of the natural world and its wildlife designed to motivate action.
- Images of pets, photos that lack clarity or authenticity, or scenic landscapes that do not align with the categories’ themes will not be accepted.
- Photographs generated by artificial intelligence or those that have undergone extensive editing will also be disqualified.
- Each participant may provide a total of three photographs per category.
- Photographs must adhere to a file size limit of 25 MB, be presented in .jpg or .png format, and be submitted online only.
- Minor adjustments such as subtle burning, dodging, or color correction, as well as cropping, are permissible.
- Incomplete, unclear, or damaged entries will not be eligible for consideration.
- All entries must be the original work of the participant, who must also possess the copyright for any photographs submitted.
- All submissions must bear the entrant’s legal name. Any false information supplied by the entrant will result in disqualification.
Benefits of free EO nature wildlife photography competition
Do you meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above? If yes, you would not want to miss the opportunity to be a part of this world photography competition, so make sure you read the various benefits of the EO Nature and Wildlife Photo Competition that we have compiled below.
- The winner of the Earth.Org “Overall Best Photo” 2023 title will receive a prize of $500.
- Winners in the two sub-categories, “Wildlife in Peril” 2023 and “Climate Action” 2023, will be presented with a $250 award each.
- Every awardee will be given the opportunity to handle the Earth.Org Instagram page for a week.
- All winners will get the chance to be a part of interview features on Earth.Org, along with the opportunity to showcase their work through the official website and articles.
- Earth.Org will feature the winning photos across its website and social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, as well as in newsletters, thus elevating the entrants’ profiles as global wildlife and environmental photographers to a passionate audience.
- The top 20 photographs, chosen from all participants, will be invited to become part of the EO Photographers network.
Application Process for EO Nature and Wildlife Photo Competition 2024
- To participate in the EO Nature and Wildlife Photography Competition 2024, entrants must submit their 3 best photographs for each category (maximum 6 altogether) by completing the online entrance form.
- Use the following format for submitting your photos: “Category_Name “. If you fail to submit your photos using the format, they will not be considered.
- If you want ideas or are seeking inspiration, visit Earth.Org’s Facebook/Instagram page or the official website.
- When submitting photos to EO, the participant is granted permission to share the photos on social media platforms and use them for promotional purposes related to the competition.
- The submission deadline for the EO Nature and Wildlife Photography Competition is 26 April 2024.