EUTOPIA-SIF Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024 Study in Europe: The EUTOPIA European University Alliance is pleased to announce the opening of 16 postdoctoral fellowships through the EUTOPIA-SIF Postdoctoral Fellowships program in 2024. This gives international students the chance to study in Europe since the fellowships program is an alliance of ten like-minded European universities. These 16 positions are to commence in September 2024 at partner universities collaborating with EUTOPIA-SIF (Science and Innovation fellowship). The main goal of EUTOPIA fellowships is to foster an inclusive academic community that tackles global and local challenges. One which also revolves around advancing excellence, inclusivity, impact, and innovation.
EUTOPIA-SIF postdoctoral fellowships 2024 present a unique opportunity for promising young researchers to advance their research endeavors within the dynamic academic environment of the EUTOPIA Alliance. These fellowships in Europe aim to encourage extensive research mobility and involve two mandatory secondment periods. One at another EUTOPIA university (acting as a co-host university) and the other with an external academic or non-academic partner institution. Hence, these experiences are for nurturing the fellows’ entrepreneurial spirit, fostering tangible research impact, and driving innovation. Additionally, fellows will gain access to a comprehensive training program, receive career guidance, and benefit from academic supervision.
Moreover, The EUTOPIA-SIF initiative receives collaborative backing from two bodies. The European Union and the six founding partner establishments of the EUTOPIA University Consortium. These esteemed institutions further include Vrije Universiteit Brussel, CY Cergy Paris University, University of Gothenburg, Pompeu Fabra University-Barcelona, University of Ljubljana, and the University of Warwick.
As academic experts pursuing an interdisciplinary approach, the fellows address questions central to understanding and shaping the future of our planet. Along with the technologies that mold our lives and the societies they will inhabit. EUTOPIA-SIF postdoctoral fellowships strongly encourage interdisciplinary interactions, as it believes that major scientific and societal challenges can only be resolved through collaboration with experts from diverse fields. In addition, the EU-funded fellowship program welcomes applications from fellows across all disciplines. These include Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Social Sciences, Humanities, and Arts, in connection with a few key research areas.
EUTOPIA-SIF Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024 Study in Europe
Key Research Areas for EUTOPIA-SIF Fellowships
- Welfare & Inclusion
- Data & Intelligence
- Materials Engineering
EUTOPIA-SIF Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024 Study in Europe
- Country: Europe
- Financial coverage: Partially Funded
- Deadline: December 14, 2023
Eligibility Criteria for EUTOPIA-SIF – Post-Doctoral Fellowships
Are you interested in this science and innovation fellowship program in Europe? If you are, do not forget to go through the eligibility criteria for the EUTOPIA-SIF fellowship program below.
Eligibility Criteria for EUTOPIA-SIF Postdoctoral Fellowships 2024
- The international fellowship is open to applicants from all nationalities.
- EUTOPIA-SIF welcomes candidates from all academic disciplines, spanning Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Social Sciences, Humanities, and the Arts, in relation to the EUTOPIA-SIF key research areas.
- The fellowship positions are available to researchers who hold a doctoral degree or possess a minimum of four years of full-time equivalent research experience.
- There is no specific seniority requirement, but candidates cannot hold a permanent position when they commence their fellowship.
- Distinguished Researchers (referred to as “stage 2” in EURAXESS criteria), individuals holding a PhD or an equivalent qualification, regardless of their nationality, qualify for the MSCA-COFUND mobility rule.
- Moreover, applicants have complete freedom to shape their research projects. However, they must align their projects with one or more of the program’s key research areas.
- Similarly, to be eligible for the EUTOPIA-SIF postdoctoral fellowships, fellows must adhere to the MSCA Mobility Rule.
- This rule specifies that fellows should not reside or carry out their primary activities, such as work or studies, in the host university country for more than 12 months within the three years before the call deadline.
- In addition, it is the responsibility of the fellows themselves to actively comply with this requirement to maintain their eligibility for the fellowship.
Benefits for EUTOPIA-SIF Postdoctoral Fellowships
If you meet the eligibility criteria above, make sure to keep on reading the various benefits this international fellowship program in Europe offers all its fellows.
Benefits of the EUTOPIA-SIF Fellowships
- Fellows will enjoy full budgetary freedom to pursue their research projects within the state-of-the-art facilities of EUTOPIA research centers.
- Applicants will also receive a two-year employment contract as a Marie Sklodowska-Curie COFUND fellow at one of the esteemed EUTOPIA universities.
- This contract includes a competitive monthly gross average salary of €4,349, along with additional funds for supplementary expenses and travel.
- Similarly, fellows will have the opportunity to engage in these periods at their EUTOPIA-SIF co-host university and with an external secondment host.
- The EUTOPIA-SIF postdoctoral fellowships program, thus, promotes international and intersectoral mobility by incorporating secondment periods.
- Notably, over 45 companies, local authorities, and non-profit organizations actively endorse the program. Hence fostering innovation and entrepreneurship.
- The fellowship program in Europe includes an extensive training curriculum. It oversaw the development of transferable skills, academic leadership, and proactive career mentoring by senior academic supervisors.
- Furthermore, EUTOPIA universities offer an attractive quality of life. Each university is actively assisting fellows and their families with any mobility-related inquiries or concerns.
Documents Required for EUTOPIA-SIF Fellowships
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Research proposal
- Reference letters
- Academic and professional experience
- Certificates (PhD or proof of research experience)
Application Process for EUTOPIA-SIF Postdoctoral Fellowships program in 2024
- To apply for the EUTOPIA-SIF program, click on the “apply now” button, where you will have to submit your application online through the official website.
- Only applications that are both complete and submitted before the application deadline via the online platform will be considered.
- Within the platform, choose the program labeled “EUTOPIA SIF call 4 – Science and Innovation Fellowship.
- Click on the “Register” option and create your account by using a valid email address and a personal password. Please ensure that the email address you provide is active, as all future communication regarding your application will be sent to this address.
- After registration, you will receive an email containing a green button. You must click on this button to validate your account. However, failure to complete this step will allow you to fill out the application but not submit it.
- Moreover, make sure to submit all the necessary documents along with the application form.
- All applicants are to submit their application online and in English.
- Please follow these steps carefully to ensure a successful application process.
Application Deadline for EUTOPIA-SIF Fellowships in Europe
- The deadline to apply for the EUTOPIA-SIF fellowships in Europe is 14 December 2023.