GIST Scholarship in South Korea 2024 Fully Funded: The GIST Scholarship 2024 is open to qualified and outstanding students, researchers, and technical professionals who wish to pursue their MS, PhD, or MS with a PhD at the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea. The GIST fellowship offers overseas students studying in Korea a great opportunity to build a solid research foundation for the advancement of science and technology. Additionally, the greatest scholarships in South Korea’s leading colleges give students the chance to collaborate and advance cooperative international and domestic research programs in both the industrial and academic sectors.
Through research-focused projects and classes, the GIST scholars are given access to cutting-edge information and abilities in the fields of science and technology. Additionally, the university collaborated with the South Korean Ministry of Science and Technology on the fully-funded scholarship for GIST. To help scientific technologists and spur them on to future breakthroughs, the government offers complete financial aid to GIST students. For this reason, the university provides students with a wide range of study options in the disciplines of science, technology, and research. Electrical engineering and computer science, material science and engineering, mechanical engineering, earth science and environmental engineering, life science, physics and photon science, chemistry and biomedical science, nanobio materials and electronics, integrated technology, and artificial intelligence are some of the courses offered at the GIST universities.
Since its founding by the Korean government in 1993, GIST has been the residence of top-tier scientists and researchers. Additionally, GIST produces some of the best teachers for Korean universities. GIST has established itself as Korea’s first national institution to implement an innovative educational model built around a thorough and fundamental science curriculum. Additionally, GIST is the first university in Korea to require a thesis quality certification. Because of this, the institute has been ranked first in South Korea for 14 years running in terms of professor citation counts, and the GIST is currently fourth in the QS World University Ranking.
The GIST Scholarships for MS and PhD students are an important step in helping the institute realize its vision of becoming a proud producer of cutting-edge science and technology. All lessons are taught in English, and the thesis is written in English as well, in order to lead in the globe. GIST is aware of the value of mastering and using a second language for improved communication and growth. The GIST international scholarship recipients will study the Korean language and culture while residing in South Korea for a maximum of three, seven, or eight years, depending on whether they are pursuing an MS, PhD, or integrated MS/PhD program. The financial rewards, qualifying requirements, and an easy application process are all fully explained below.
GIST Scholarship in South Korea 2024
- South Korea
- Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST)
- Master’s degree program
- PhD degree program
- Integrated MS and PhD Program
Benefits of the GIST Scholarship in South Korea
- All international students will be getting 100% support in the tuition fee i.e. the tuition fee will be waived.
- MS students will be given a monthly stipend of 140,000 Won.
- PhD students will be given a monthly stipend of 295,000 Won.
- Both MS and PhD students will be given a meal allowance of 100,000 Won. (Note: Students have to complete at least 9 credits in the previous semester in order to get student and meal allowance).
- An international student allowance of 120,000 Won will be given to both MS and PhD students, however, the student has to maintain a 3 or higher GPA out of 4.5 in the previous semester.
- All MS students participating in research projects will get a research assistantship of 5,461,249 won per year while PhD students participating in research projects will get a research assistantship of 12,513,688 won per year.
- A one-way flight to Korea will be reimbursed.
- 60% of national health insurance will be covered. Health insurance also includes annual medical checkups.
Eligibility Criteria of the GIST Scholarship 2024 in South Korea
- The applicant must or expect to hold a final degree before enrollment at GIST.
- The applicant’s bachelor’s degree must be equivalent to a Korean bachelor’s degree.
- The applicant must be an international student.
- The applicant must be proficient in the English language.
How to apply for the GIST Scholarship 2024
- The applicant has to apply online for the GIST South Korea scholarship.
- The applicant has to submit a matriculation fee, however, the matriculation fee can be waived on the recommendation of the dean/head of the department/college.
- In order to apply successfully, all the applicants must carefully fill out the GIST online application form.
- Don’t leave blanks instead write NA.
Documents Required for the GIST Scholarships 2023
- Official degrees and transcripts are required. Apostille is preferred or even notarized copies are acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation must have the signatures and stamps of the recommenders.
- The recommenders do not have to send the letters independently or separately.
- Official English language test report i.e. TOEFL (BT) 80 / TOEFL (PBT) 550 / IELTS 6.5 / TOEIC 750 / NEW TEPS 327 is the requirement. In case you do not get your test result in time. Your home university can give you a professional English language proficiency certificate.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport is required.
GIST Scholarship Application Deadline
- The application deadline for the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology scholarship in South Korea 2024 is October 14, 2023.