If you think you have what it takes to be a leader, the Global South Arts and Health Envoy (GSAH) 2024 is a great chance for you. The Global South Arts and Health program seeks to recognize a wide spectrum of people, including entrepreneurs, prominent specialists, and emerging/exceptional professions. These people are making a significant contribution to the growing corpus of research that emphasizes the potential of the arts in Latin America, Asia, and Africa. The significance of promoting the integration of the arts and healthcare, fostering justice, advancing education, fostering collaboration, supporting scientific inquiry, and inspiring long-lasting, creative health initiatives within their local communities, homeland, and globally is captured by this arts and health program. You have to read all the way through to the end to learn everything there is to know about the Global South Arts and Health Envoy if you want to work in these fields.
These envoys are honored for their exceptional efforts in advancing the therapeutic value of the arts and their beneficial effects on wellbeing. experts, community leaders, practitioners, advocates, activists, creative influences, policymakers, philanthropists, scholars, educators, curators, cultural producers, entrepreneurs, medical experts, scientists, and researchers are among the usual types of envoy members. The envoy members will endeavor to inspire positive change on a worldwide level as well as in their local communities during the worldwide South Arts and Health Week. Consequently, the fusion of the arts and healthcare contributes to the creation of a world that is healthier and more colorful. Additionally, the exchange program covers 17 theme topics in the realms of healthcare and the arts.
Furthermore, the Global South—Africa, Asia, and Latin America—is supported by the GSAH in terms of education and interdisciplinary projects. The Global South Arts and Health Week was inspired by the creative exchanges and cross-cultural cooperation that occur within the Arts in Medicine Projects, which are spearheaded by the Global Arts in Medicine Fellowship program. This program has been arranging semi-annual Arts in Health festivals since 2018. Thus, the Global South Arts and Health Envoy program seeks to promote a range of collaborations, community projects, cross-cultural interactions, educational seminars, exhibitions, creative performances, and in-depth keynote addresses. Similarly, you have to apply before the deadline for this special leadership program if you wish to be a Global South Arts and Health Envoy.
Global South Arts and Health Envoy GSAH 2024
Areas of GSAH Envoy:
- Arts and Health Education and Training
- Arts and Health Philanthropy
- Arts and Health Leadership, Administration and Management
- Arts and Health Creative Practice (Community Engagement)
- Arts and Health Research and Policy
- Arts and Health Advocacy and Activism
- Arts and Health Technology and Innovation
- Deadline: November 7, 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Global South Arts and Health Envoy 2024:
- All candidates should show leadership, influence, and effectiveness in the essential fields.
- Candidates must either be born in or currently working in Africa, Asia, or Latin America, or they should have ancestral ties to these regions while residing in the diaspora (Global North).
- Individuals living in the diaspora (Global North), with ancestral connections to Africa, Asia, or Latin America are also eligible to apply for the Global South Arts and Health Envoy.
- Moreover, Candidates should complete and submit a written application in the English language.
- Applicants also need to provide a letter of reference from a credible source who is familiar with their work.
- This reference may come from a mentor, project collaborator, community leader, university professor, professional colleague, or a leader in the private, public, or non-profit sector.
Benefits of the GSAH Envoy 2024:
- All participants gain lifelong recognition as a Global South Arts and Health Envoy upon completion of program.
- They also get the opportunity to present their work at the Global South Arts and Health Week in Qatar in 2024 and in the years that follow.
- Along with this, applicants of the GSAH Envoy have the chance to engage in global collaborations.
- The participants will also receive a certificate of recognition during the annual International Gathering of the Global South Arts and Health Week.
- Envoy members gain access to a vast network of professionals and experts in the field of arts and health from around the world.
- Moreover, being a Global South Arts and Health Envoy enhances the visibility of applicants’ work and contributions on a global scale, helping to attract more recognition and support for their initiatives.
- Envoys also have a platform to advocate for the integration of arts and health in policy-making and healthcare practices.
- How to Apply for the GSAH Program?
- If you want to apply for this arts and health program, you must apply online. The link is given below.
- Carefully review the eligibility criteria to ensure you meet the necessary requirements.
- Prepare a written application in English that showcases your contributions and leadership in one or more of the specified areas.
- Applicants should also obtain a reference letter from a credible authority figure who is familiar with their work.
- Submit your application after carefully reviewing it.
- Successful applicants will be notified, hence, you do not have to worry.
Deadline for the Global South Arts and Health Envoy:
- The deadline to apply for the Global South Arts and Health Envoy program is 7 November 2023.