Google Summer Internship 2024 $3300 Stipend + Certificate: Enhance your summer internship experience at Google and land the computer programming job of your dreams. We will go into great detail about the Google Summer Internship, its advantages, and the application process in this post.
International students can apply for the Google Summer Internship 2024 from anywhere in the world. The internship will run for three months. A minimum stipend of $1500 USD and a maximum stipend of $3300 USD will be awarded by Google Summer of Code, contingent upon your country and certificate of completion.
An international initiative called Google Summer of Code Internship aims to increase the number of student developers involved in open source software development. During their summer break, students collaborate with an open-source organization on a three-month programming project.
Get paid to write code and learn about open source development during your summer vacation! Students who are accepted work with a mentor and join the open source community. Many go on to work as open source developers for life. Most countries’ 18-year-old university students are eligible to apply for Google Summer of Code.
A global initiative called Google Summer of Code aims to expose students to the world of open source software development. During their break from a post-secondary academic program, students collaborate with an open source organization on a 10-week programming project.
The program began in 2005 and has since brought together over 16,000 student participants and 13,000 mentors from over 118 different countries. 38,000,000+ lines of code have been produced for 715 open source organizations through Google Summer of Code.
Student participants in Google Summer of Code are paired with mentors from participating organizations, providing them with exposure to real-world software development methods and processes. Students can work in areas related to their interests while earning a stipend during the break between their school semesters.
As a result, the participating organizations are able to find and hire new developers who add new functionality and, ideally, stick around to continue contributing to open source projects long after the program ends. Above all, more code is written and made available for everyone to use.
This internship is remote—it will be done from home. The program doesn’t require any travel; all development takes place online.
Google Summer Internship 2024 $3300 Stipend + Certificate
Google Internship Summary
- Institution(s): Google
- Location: Online (Virtual)
- Internship Focused Areas: Programming
- Internship Period: Internship period is three months.
- Internship Deadline: Feb 06, 2024. You can check the complete timeline from here.
Google Summer Internship Benefits
Google Summer Internship will provide following benefits:
- Minimum 1500 USD Stipend & Maximum 3300 USD Stipend depending on your country. Check here.
- Working with Big International Companies
- Get Certificates at the End
Note: Stipends are paid in two parts, one after each successful evaluation.
- First Evaluation (paid July 19): 45%
- Final Evaluation (paid September 1): 55%
Eligibility Criteria for Google Summer Internship
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for Google Summer Internship:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- You must be at least 18 years of age when you register
- You must be enrolled in or accepted into a post-secondary academic program, including a college, university, masters program, PhD program, undergraduate program, licensed coding school or similar type of program as of May 17, 2022 or have graduated from the program between December 1, 2021 and May 17, 2022.
- You must be eligible to work in the country you will reside in during the program.
- You have not already been accepted as a Student in GSoC two or more times.
- You must reside in a country that is not currently embargoed by the United States. See Program Rules for more information.
How does Google Summer Internship works?
Students contact the mentor organizations they want to work with and write up a project proposal for the summer. If accepted, students spend a month integrating with their organizations prior to the start of coding. Students then have three months to code, meeting the deadlines agreed upon with their mentors.
Open source projects apply to be mentor organizations. Once accepted, organizations discuss possible ideas with students and then decide on the proposals they wish to mentor for the summer. They provide mentors to help guide each student through the program.
Existing contributors with the organizations can choose to mentor a student project. Mentors and students work together to determine appropriate milestones and requirements for the summer. Mentor interaction is a vital part of the program.
How to Apply for Google Summer Internship?
Please follow the following application instructions to win Google Summer Internship:
- Create an account on Google Summer of Code (GSoc).
- Submit the online application before the deadline.
- Prepare your proposal for the project.
Tips for Google Summer Internship Application:
- All the projects are open-source. Start contributing to them even while you are applying, and after you have applied. Also, stay in touch with the community once you have applied. This shows the organizations your level of interest and dedication towards them.
- Write a detailed proposal. What you are planning to do. How are you planning to do it? The best approach you have in mind for something. Also, propose additional features in the project while writing your proposal.
- Write your proposal in drafts and keep improving it. Never submit your proposal directly to the organization. Mentors are there to help you in the process. You should definitely ask them to review your project proposal. They have a better insight into the project and can help you make your proposal the best.
To know more about Google Summer Internship, please visit official website: