Begin your educational journey in Brunei Darussalam. There are currently open Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarships. We will go into great depth regarding this scholarship in this post, along with its advantages and step-by-step instructions for applying.
For foreign students, the Government of Brunei Darussalam award 2024–2025 is a fully financed award. This grant is available for graduate and undergraduate study. This scholarship offers a 650 BND monthly stipend, housing, and tuition cost waivers.
International students who wish to pursue undergraduate and graduate studies at Brunei Darussalam’s Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD), Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA), Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB), and Politeknik Brunei (PB) are eligible for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship. These scholarships are fully sponsored and intended to attract top-notch international students.
Host Universities for Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2024-2025:
- Level of Study: Diploma, Undergraduate, Masters
- Study in: Brunei Darussalam
- Program Period:
- Diploma: 3 Years
- Undergraduate Degree: 8 Semester (4 Year Full Time)
- Master Degree: 12 Months, 24 Months
- Deadline: February 15, 2024
Programmes offered, entry qualifications and any further information are available from the following websites:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam – www.ubd.edu.bn
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan – www.kupu-sb.edu.bn
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali – www.unissa.edu.bn
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei – www.utb.edu.bn
- Politeknik Brunei – www.pb.edu.bn
The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
Eligibility Criteria for Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
To qualify for Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Required Language: English, Malay or Arabic
- Eligible Countries: Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programs and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs on the 31st July 2023.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
- This scholarship shall not be held concurrently with any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without the prior approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- A scholarship recipient is not encouraged to bring any family members with him for the duration of the Scholarship.
- A scholarship recipient is not permitted to undertake any paid employment or to serve on the staff of any country’s representative mission in Brunei Darussalam during the duration of the scholarship.
- Upon completion of the program, the scholarship recipient will be required to leave Brunei Darussalam with immediate effect.
How to Apply for Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship?
Please follow the following step by step application procedure to apply for Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship:
- Application forms can be downloaded from the following link: APPLICATION FORM 2023/2024
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges).
- Completed application forms are to be emailed to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants applying to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/.
- The closing date for the reception of completed application forms, together with certified copies of relevant certificates and documents is, not later than 1600 hrs (Brunei time) on 15 February 2024.
- An applicant may be required to appear for an interview at such place(s) as may be determined by the institutions offering the programmes, and to sit for a written examination to assess the applicant’s proficiency in the English/ Malay/ Arabic Language (where applicable).
- The Government of Brunei Darussalam reserves the right to reject any applications. The decision on the selection of candidates is final. Any disputes or enquiries pertaining to the decision made will not be entertained. Only successful applicants will be notified via e-mail.
- For further enquiries please contact: E-mail: queriesBDGS2022@mfa.gov.bn
- Maximum size allowed for e-mail and attachment files is 10MB)
- Please take note, all application forms and supporting documents are to be submitted in Word Document / PDF / JPG format (compressed ( .zip ) folder)
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
To know more about The Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship, please visit official website: