Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2024: The best scholarship for international students in Ireland is the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships 2024, which is accessible for all subjects. Participants in the program stand out for exhibiting exceptional potential as future research leaders. All applicants for the Ireland Scholarship 2024 are given equal opportunity. In order to maximize the value of researchers’ skills, competence, and talent and provide society with the greatest possible benefit, the Irish Research Council collaborates with enterprises, civil society organizations, and the government. This grant’s main objective is to develop the candidates’ ability so they can better serve the community. These degree programs would offer English-language instruction for their courses.
The Council is in charge of the well-known national initiative known as the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program, which is funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation, and Science. The Ireland Government Scholarship 2024 Program promotes additional financial possibilities for postgraduate study in Ireland and is unique in the field of Irish research. Exceptional research performances will earn students prestigious rewards. It supports a wide range of outstanding academics at different stages of their careers, investing in ground-breaking ideas and cutting-edge research that tackles important social concerns.
Administration of Ireland Students from all over the world who want to pursue their postgraduate degrees can study for free in Ireland thanks to scholarships in Europe. For students pursuing a full-time master’s or Ph.D. who are enthusiastic about research and have great academic records, the Postgraduate grant is the best award in Ireland. The scholarship fund is extremely competitive, with a five-year success rate of 18%. The program’s main goal is to help the candidates become better versions of themselves.
Irish scholarship applicants must be enrolled in one of the top universities in the world, such as Trinity College Dublin, University College Dublin, or Royal Irish Academy. Candidates from all disciplines have the wonderful opportunity to work together with individuals from all cultures and share ideas in order to lend a hand to communities and help them overcome their most persistent problems thanks to this wonderful opportunity. In 2019, 1,193 Postgraduate Scholars were given their degrees, with more than 5,000 applicants receiving this honor for their remarkable research to date. The Council of Ireland funds 280 brand-new postgraduate scholarships in Ireland each year.
Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2024
- The Ireland scholarships for international students 2024 are funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council, Government of Ireland
- Research master’s degree
- Structured research master’s degree
- Traditional doctoral degree
- Structured doctoral degree
Program Duration for Government of Ireland Postgraduate scholarship
One to four years depending on the type of degree being pursued and the date of first registration (where applicable).
- Government of Ireland Research Master’s Degree Scholarship Duration: 1 Year
- Government of Ireland Structured Research Master’s Scholarship Duration: 2 Years
- Government of Ireland Traditional Doctoral Degree Scholarship Duration: 3 Years
- Government of Ireland Structured Doctoral Scholarship Duration: 4 Years
Eligible fields for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship
- Humanities and Arts
- General Sciences
- Natural Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Social Sciences
Eligible Universities under the Government of Ireland Scholarship 2024
- Atlantic Technological University
- Coláiste Mhuire Marino
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
- Dublin Dental Hospital
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology
- Mary Immaculate College
- Maynooth University
- Munster Technological University
- National College of Art and Design
- National College of Ireland
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- RCSI University of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Royal Irish Academy
- Royal Irish Academy of Music
- South East Technological University
- Technological University Dublin
- Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Dublin, Trinity College
- University of Limerick
Benefits of the Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2024
- The student will get a stipend of €19,000 per year.
- The scholarship will cover the tuition fee.
- The student will receive research expenses of €3,250 per year.
- Individual, significant rewards will be given to candidates in their own names for outstanding research.
- Global, independent expert peer evaluation as part of an objective selection process
- The candidates will get to study at the world’s leading universities in Ireland.
- The scholarship also non-European Union fees for candidates which will be up to €5,750.
Eligibility Criteria of Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship
- The applicants can be of any age in order to apply for the Ireland scholarship.
- Prior to accessing an application form, all applicants must take and pass an eligibility quiz on the online application system.
- All applicants must be linked with an Eligible university listed above.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor`s Degree for pursuing a Master’s and a Master`s Degree for pursuing PhD Applications.
- Applicants must be fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Academic referees and supervisors must provide positive reports of the applicants.
- In order to be considered, applicants must not have failed twice in their previous applications for the same program. This is true whether the applicant’s host institution or research topic has changed since their last submission.
- Students waiting for their Results can also apply. However, they must get provisional certificates from their home institutions.
- The applicants must have first-class or upper-second-class degrees.
- Applicants seeking a research master’s degree or a doctoral degree must not possess or have previously held an Irish Research Council scholarship.
- All applicants must have a willing supervisor who can’t guide them on their research projects during their studies in Ireland.
- The candidates who have research topics related to; humans, Human modification (except for cancer research), and the production of human embryos.
How to Apply for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship 2024
- Apply online for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships Program 2023 using the online application platform. Hard copies or email application forms will not be accepted.
- For supervision of an admission letter, try to contact relevant academics from Ireland’s higher education institutions as listed above (strongly suggested to contact but without this, you can apply as well). Click here to learn how to get an acceptance letter.
- Applications are expected to be entirely the applicant’s own work. i.e. no plagiarism
- Transcripts must be appropriately stamped and signed to confirm that they are official documents of the institution.
- Applications are only accepted in either English or Irish.
- The candidates must make an account in order to access the application.
- Once the applicant has to fill out the application form, supervisor form, and referee form on the given specimen.
Required Documents for the Government of Ireland Scholarships
- Educational documents
- Study Plan/Statement of Purpose
- Research Proposal
- Copy of Passport
- Supervision details (if any)
- Recommendation forms
- Language proof (if any)
- Additional documents if any
Government of Ireland Scholarship Application Deadline
- The scholarship will be opened on 31 August 2023 and the deadline is 1 September 2024.