Green Web Fellowship 2024 online Fellowship: This online fellowship program seeks to strengthen ties between the movements for climate justice and digital rights. This fellowship will be ideal for you if you have a strong interest in these two fields and see the possibility for worthwhile projects, regardless of your background as a technologist, researcher, activist, or legislator. Five people who are passionate about fostering connections between digital rights and climate justice and have experience in these areas are being sought after by the Green Web Foundation. There is no reason to wait to apply for this financially financed, six-month, part-time fellowship opportunity. Don’t pass up this opportunity to join the Green Web fellows.
Additionally, the Green Screen coalition’s cooperative efforts and thorough examination of the nexus of digital rights and climate justice have yielded ideas and opportunities upon which the Green Web Fellowship initiative is based. Upon acceptance, recipients of this fully funded worldwide fellowship will work with peers in a peer-learning program and carry out a community-based project to further the causes of digital rights and climate justice. Not only that, but this fellowship is fully online, so anyone may apply and take part from anywhere in the world. Consequently, in order to be considered for this once-in-a-lifetime chance to join the Green Web fellowship program in 2023–2024, you must apply.
Furthermore, the fellowship holds regular weekly sessions via video conference, necessitating a dependable internet connection and fluency in written and spoken English. Nonetheless, the company is actively investigating the possibility of increasing the number of available languages in the future because it is aware that there may be language obstacles. Additionally, participants in the fellowship program will devote a half-day every week to progressing their fellowship project. They will participate in group learning at weekly cohort sessions, gaining from the knowledge and perspectives of their peers as well as practitioners in the related fields. As a result, at their midterm and final presentations, fellows will showcase their work to a larger audience in addition to contributing to monthly blog pieces that chronicle their experience. This distant online fellowship offers many benefits, of which a €6,000 stipend is just one.
Responsibilities of Global Web Remote Fellows
- All fellows must commit 5 hours per week over a 6-month period to their fellowship responsibilities.
- They should create and execute a project during their fellowship that actively contributes to the causes of digital rights and climate justice.
- Green Web fellows must also engage in weekly cohort calls and independently pursue learning opportunities, all while documenting their experiences openly.
- Lastly, they must provide monthly blog posts that detail their journey and share insights gained during the fellowship experience.
Green Web Fellowship 2024 online Fellowship
- Country: Online
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: October 31, 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Green Web Fellowship 2024 online Fellowship:
- A successful fellow must be associated with an organization or operates independently.
- It is a remote fellowship, therefore, applicants from all around the globe are eligible to apply.
- The applicant should demonstrate active involvement in either the digital rights or climate justice movements.
- To be eligible for the Green Web Fellowship, fellows must be enthusiastic about exploring opportunities for mutual learning and support between the two domains.
- They should also present a well-defined project that addresses a community to which the fellow belongs.
- Moreover, their project should effectively bridges the digital rights and climate justice movements in a tangible and practical manner.
- Potential project areas include open data for climate justice, digital security for defenders of environmental land rights, development of sustainable digital infrastructures, initiatives for a fossil-free internet, creation of open-source technology to address climate challenges, efforts to combat climate-related misinformation, or strategies to counteract digital and environmental exploitation.
- All applicants need to take proactive steps toward fostering equitable and sustainable futures to be eligible for the remote fellowship.
- Similarly, fostering collaborative spaces within their communities, and demonstrating a commitment to self-reflection in their professional practice is also a requirement.
Benefits of the Green Web Online Fellowship Program:
- Fellows receive a stipend of €6,000 as compensation for their time and efforts under the Green Web Fellowship.
- Fellows can also request a project budget to cover various expenses related to their proposed project, such as collaboration fees, materials, travel, and other project-related costs.
- Green Web fellows participate in weekly cohort calls, engaging in peer learning and knowledge sharing.
- Similarly, they also benefit from networking opportunities and interactions with like-minded individuals and experts in their respective fields.
- The Green Web Foundation Fellowship is entirely remote. Thus, making it accessible to individuals from around the world where participants can connect and collaborate irrespective of their geographic location.
- Fellows have the chance to make a tangible impact by designing and executing a project that contributes to the causes of digital rights and climate justice.
- In addition, fellows receive mentorship from experienced practitioners in fields including climate justice, digital rights, and facilitative leadership.
- Overall, the Green Web Foundation Fellowship offers a unique opportunity for individuals passionate about the intersection of digital rights and climate justice.
Application Process Green Web Fellowship 2024 online Fellowship:
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button provided below and fill out the online application form on the Green Web Foundation site.
- Enter correct details in the form, incomplete or incorrect information will lead to disqualification.
- Before you apply, ensure you meet the eligibility criteria for the Green Web Fellowship.
- All fellows must develop a clear and compelling project proposal that aligns with the fellowship’s objectives.
- Fill out the fellowship application form with accurate and all the necessary information.
- Additionally, you must carefully review your application for accuracy and completeness before submitting it.
Application Deadline for the Green Web Fellowship:
- The deadline to apply for the Green Web Fellowship is 31 October 2023.