Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research 2025: Fellowships for Helen Hay Whitney are available right now. We will go into great detail about this scholarship in this post, along with its advantages and a step-by-step guide for applying.
International students are eligible to apply for the fully funded postdoctoral Helen Hay Whitney Fellowship 2025–2026. This scholarship provides up to US$60,000 in annual financial aid.
International students interested in pursuing a postdoctoral degree are encouraged to apply to the Helen Hay Whitney Fellowship for the 2025 academic year. This scholarship provides up to US$60,000 in annual financial aid.
International students can apply for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships to pursue postdoctoral studies at US universities. In order to accomplish its ultimate goal of increasing the number of creative, skilled, and committed medical scientists, the Foundation offers enough financial support to support the careers of young people involved in biological or medical research.
The competition for the Helen Hay Whitney fellowship is fierce. Less than 5% of applicants get accepted into our program. Please be advised that due to the volume of requests received, the Foundation is unable to comment on proposals that are not working.
Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research 2025
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral
- Institution(s): Helen Hay Whitney Foundation
- Study in: United States
- Course Offered: Biomedical Sciences
- Program Period: 3 years
- Deadline: June 17, 2024, 5:00pm EST. (Currently closed, Applications will open on April 17, 2024)
Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The Foundation provides funds for travel to the fellowship location at the time of activation of the fellowship for the Fellow and his or her family.
- The Foundation also covers travel expenses incurred for the two-day Annual Fellows Meetings held in November.
- There is a Dependent Child Allowance of $1,500 per annum for each child.
- No payment is made for the transportation of household goods.
- The current stipend and expense allowance is:
Eligibility Criteria for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships
To qualify for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries.
Note: In case you are a foreign national (including from conflict areas) you must have a local residency status and authorization to work in the country of the fellowship to which you are applying.
- Candidates who hold, or are in the final stages of obtaining a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degree and are seeking beginning postdoctoral training in basic biomedical research.
- Candidates who have no more than one year of postdoctoral research experience at the time of the deadline for submitting the application, and who have received a PhD (or D.Phil. or equivalent) degree no more than two years before the deadline, or an M.D. degree no more than three years before the deadline.
- Fellowships may be awarded to foreign citizens for research in laboratories in the US only. and it’s expect that most applicants will reside in North America at the time of application.
- The Foundation will not ordinarily consider applicants who plan tenure of the fellowship in the laboratory in which they have already received extensive predoctoral or postdoctoral training. The aim of the fellowship is to broaden postdoctoral training and experience, and a significant change of venue is advisable.
- Foreign Students will need to obtain appropriate visa documentation, as required by US Immigration.
- Clinical house-staff training does not count as “postdoctoral laboratory training.”.
- Applications from established scientists or advanced fellows will not be considered. The fellowships are for early postdoctoral training only.
- A two-day Annual Meeting of Fellows is held in November of each year, at which each third-year Fellow presents the results of his or her research. This meeting is an important component of the Fellowship Program because of the opportunity it provides the Fellows for scientific interchange and exposure to biomedical fields other than their own. Attendance at the meeting in its entirety is expected as a condition of acceptance of the fellowship.
How to Apply for Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important instructions to avail Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research:
- Read the instructions carefully before attempting to complete the online application submission from here.
- Download the Reference_Letter Template and forward to your four referees, All four completed reference letters should be emailed to (firstname.lastname@example.org), convert the letter to pdf format and name the pdf file according to the instructions on the Reference Letter Template.
- Download form Application Items 1-6. Upon its completion, upload it along with the other requested items.
IMPORTANT: The uploading of the zipped file should be done immediately following the submission of the 2-page application cover (it should NOT be uploaded at a later time or date).
- Complete the application form here.
To know more about Helen Hay Whitney Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research, please visit official website: