Humboldt Research Fellowship 2024 Fully Funded: Begin your academic journey in Germany. Fellowships for Humboldt Research are available right now. International students are eligible to apply for fully funded Humboldt Research Fellowships in 2024–2025. Only post-doctoral studies are eligible for these scholarships. A monthly fellowship of 3,150 EUR is awarded as part of this fellowship, and additional funding is available for accompanying family members and belongings.
Highly qualified foreign scientists and scholars who have recently started their academic careers and who finished their doctorates less than four years ago can spend six to 24 months conducting research in Germany thanks to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
The research outline is completed at German research institutions in collaboration with academic hosts. Candidates select their own research topic and German host. Before applying, you must work with the intended host to finalize the research outline and determine the fellowship’s duration. Sponsorship is not available for short-term visits made for conferences, study, or training.
Humboldt Research Fellowship 2024 Fully Funded
- Level of Study: Post Doctoral
- Institution(s): Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Study in: Germany
- Courses Offered: Click here to find all the available courses
- Program Period: Six to 24 months
- Deadline: Open throughout the year
Humboldt Research Fellowship will provide below benefits:
- A monthly fellowship of 2,670 EUR for postdoctoral researchers (doctorate completed within the last four years). A monthly fellowship of 3,150 EUR for postdoctoral researchers (doctorate completed within the last 12 years).
- A flexible starting date and – for experienced researchers – the option of splitting the fellowship up into a maximum of three stays.
- Individual mentoring during the sponsorship period.
- Intensive German language course for fellows and their marital partners prior to the fellowship.
- Additional financial support for accompanying family members and items like travel expenses and comprehensive alumni sponsorship once the research stay has come to an end, such as a Return Fellowship or further stays in Germany.
Eligibility Criteria for Humboldt Research Fellowship
To be eligible for Humboldt Research Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English or German
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Doctorate or comparable academic degree (PhD, CSc or equivalent) obtained no more than four years.
- Academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals and/or by publishing houses.
- Confirmation that research facilities are available, mentoring agreement and a detailed expert’s statement by an academic host at a research institution in Germany.
- Expert reviews from the doctoral supervisor and another academic qualified to give well-founded comments on the applicant’s qualification preferably including reviewers not working at the applicant’s own institute.
- Necessary language skills: humanities or social sciences and medicine: German, otherwise a good knowledge of English; natural sciences and engineering: good knowledge of German or English.
- The Humboldt-Foundation assumes that candidates will abide the Rules of Good Scientific Practice and the legally-binding principles of scientific ethics during the application and sponsorship periods.
How to Apply for Humboldt Research Fellowship?
Please follow the following instructions to apply for Humboldt Research Fellowship:
(1). You have to choose two hosts (whether they are people or institute) in Germany and ask them for a confirmation and review for the research.
Note: if you choose the institute to be your host you have to schedule the period that you will stay.
(2). Create an account from here and attach the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae (two pages max).
- Research outline (five pages max).
- Complete list of publications.
- List of selected key publications.
- Key publications.
- Doctoral certificate.
- German language certificate, if applicable.
- Host’s statement and confirmation of research facilities.
- Two expert reviews.
- Additionally, where required: publishers’ letter(s) of acceptance and/or acknowledgment(s) of receipt as well as summaries or translations of the key publications.
To know more about Humboldt Research Fellowship, please visit the official website: