Are you eager to perform cutting edge basic research in an international environment? Do you want to push the frontiers of science and work with supervisors and colleagues that are among the best in the world?
The IST Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023 is a wonderful chance for those who are passionate about excelling in their research in a global setting. International fellows in the sciences can apply for the fully-funded fellowship and collaborate with mentors and other fellows who are regarded as some of the best in the world. Future scientists will also be free to conduct their research without intervention from the government or any political pressure. For highly qualified people who have just earned degrees in computer sciences, natural sciences, mathematics, or any other related topic, or who will do so soon, this is an exceptional opportunity.
An international, cross-sectoral, and multidisciplinary scholarship program is the IST-BRIDGE International Postdoctoral Program. It offers profiled competency training through career tracks and seeks to offer potential additions for placements or secondments. It also makes non-academic secondments, placements in IST Austria research assistance divisions, and academic secondments to affiliates of the BRIDGE Network, a network of organizations with a reputation for excellence, easier. Additionally, the institute is assessed every four years by a panel that consists of Turning Award winners as well as Nobel Laureates. Therefore, this fully-funded international fellowship offers the best brains the chance to study at a reputable institution and succeed in their research.
The IST-BRIDGE program is built on two key tenets: first, it provides students with superior training in basic research, and second, it directs their post-doctoral career development. Here, IST research proposals in all domains are welcomed. It is simple to locate the mentors for certain study fields here. It is also possible to supply a secondary host if the research initiatives are multidisciplinary. The institute now has 51 significant research groups, and by 2026, it hopes to have at least 90.
The IST-BRIDGE Scholarship in Austria offers students the best chance to advance their careers while using the talents they have developed over the course of their academic careers. Additionally, it motivates doctoral candidates to collaborate with persons from other cultural backgrounds and advance their standing in a global community of researchers. Speaking about the educational experience, it offers students the greatest education possible in the most sophisticated manner, which is advantageous to both their academic and professional careers.
IST Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023:
- Institute of Science and Technology, Austria
- Post-Doctoral Programs
- The duration of the Austria international fellowship is 2 years.
No. of Candidates:
- 12 Candidates per call (60 fellows over 5 globally-advertised calls)
Benefits of the IST Fellowship in Austria 2023:
- It is a globally extensive scholarship program catering to multiple disciplines and sectors.
- The award provides full financial support to the fellows during their two-year study tenure.
- It encompasses competency training via 4-tier flexible ‘career tracks.’
- It provides candidates with possible BRIDGE placements and secondments
- It awards candidates the “Marie Sklodowska-Curie fellow” title as a symbol of excellence in the research field.
Eligibility Criteria of IST Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023:
- All research areas offered at IST are considered eligible for this scholarship program (see https://ist.ac.at/en/research).
- Until the deadline date, candidates must possess a Ph.D. (or equivalent) degree in any discipline offered at IST.
- Till the deadline date, candidates must have experience of at least four years as full-time equivalent researchers.
- Candidates are expected to complete their Ph.D. degrees before the beginning of their scholarship program (not later than seven months from the application deadline).
- A scholarship contract will not be awarded to the candidates if they are unable to provide a copy of the diploma or any proof in terms of adequate security provision.
- Candidates must not be a resident of Austria.
- Candidates must not be engaged in any activity in Austria (concerning work, studies, etc.) for more than a year in the recent three years immediately, before the application or call deadline.
- Researchers already working at IST Austria until the call deadline are not eligible to apply for this IST program.
How to Apply for the IST Postdoctoral Fellowship Program 2023?
- The applicants have to apply online.
- The applicants will receive an email from IST about all the relevant instructions and details.
- Provide all your standard personal information e.g. name, address, date of birth, etc.
- The candidates have to provide mobility information for the last 5 years until the call deadline.
- Complete all the required fields for PhD program.
- If the candidates have much additional education information, do not forget to provide it as it would be a plus point in the selection process.
- Provide all the data of your current affiliation e.g. academic or professional.
- The candidates have to identify the supervisors at IST Austria. The candidate can also choose a secondary supervisor if it is desired and necessary.
- The candidates have to provide a project title of 100 characters and a project summary of 300 words maximum in order to apply successfully.
- The candidates have to choose two top choices only for planning purposes and it certainly does not affect the evaluation process.
- Complete your application carefully and submit it.
Documents Required for the IST International Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023?
- Research Proposal of maximum 5 pages.
- CV of maximum 2 pages.
- A Letter of Motivation.
- A Completed ethical issues table.
- Suppose an application has been submitted and the candidate wants to upload an updated version of any of the documents or wants to change something. In that case, he should contact firstname.lastname@example.org the application deadline date.
- All queries regarding the IST scholarship program must be sent to customer support at email@example.com.
- The reference letter should be sent through referees, not by a candidate himself.
- After scrutiny of the application, top-selected aspirants will be called for a remote interview. The interview will be held approximately after 4 to 7 weeks of the application deadline date. The members of the International Committee will conduct an interview. All aspirants will be informed about the results of their applications (not later than three months after the application deadline date).
IST Scholarship Application Deadline:
- 05/11/21 – 05/05/22 – 05/11/22 – 05/05/23 – 05/11/23.