NIG Internship 2024 | Japan | NIGINTERN: The NIG Internship is a fantastic opportunity if you’re looking for an internship in Japan. We are now accepting applications for this internship. The National Institute of Genetics is referred to as NIG. We will go into great detail about this internship, its advantages, and the exact application procedure in this post.
International students are welcome to apply for the National Institute of Genetics internship in 2024. The internship lasts for one and a half months. Accommodations and round-trip airfare between the intern’s home (the intern’s school) and Japan will be paid for by this internship.
At NIG, interns will carry out independent research while being supervised by a host investigator. Training in scientific research, scientific communication, and lab visits to speak with specific principal investigators are all included in this program. Interns will present on their experiences at the “NIGINTERN Reports Symposium” at the conclusion of the program. Those who finish the program successfully will receive a certificate from NIG.
Additionally, interns can take part in a range of events including journal clubs, lectures by eminent researchers from both inside and outside NIG, and lectures for graduate programs. There are also classes available in Japanese language.
NIG Internship 2024 | Japan | NIGINTERN
NIG Internship Summary
- Institution(s): The National Institute of Genetics
- Location: Japan
- Internship Period: June 13 – July 24, 2024 (1.5 months)
- Internship Focused Areas: life sciences
- Internship Deadline: January 09, 2024
NIG Internship Benefits
NIG Internship will provide below benefits to their interns:
- A round-trip airfare between the intern’s place of residence (location of school) and Japan
- A round-trip transportation fare between the airport in Japan and NIG
- Accommodation fees at the institute’s guesthouse, and travel insurance during the program.
Living and miscellaneous expenses other than the above will not be provided by NIG and the interns must pay these costs by themselves.
NIG Internship Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for the NIG Internship:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Applicants must be interested in life sciences and be in the prefinal-year at the time of application, i.e. in the 3rd year of a 4-year bachelor’s program, in the 2nd year of a 3-year bachelor’s program, in the 4th year of a 5-year program, in the 1st year of a 2-year master’s program, or in the 5th year of a 6-year program.
- Students who are interested in enrolling in our PhD program at NIG are encouraged to apply.
- Because of a highly competitive selection process, applications from non-prefinal students and students in a PhD course are not considered.
How to Apply for the NIG Internship?
Step 1. Identify your field of interest and preferred host laboratory.
Step 2. Make an online application.
Step 3. Upload the following documents:
- Letter of Motivation / Self-advertisement: Within 500 English words.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): In English. Includes education records starting from high school. Be sure to indicate your current academic year.
- Scanned Academic Transcript: Submit the latest undergraduate or postgraduate transcript that you can obtain. Please scan it and then upload it. In case your Academic Transcript is prepared in languages other than English, attach an English or a Japanese translation to each document. Please combine them into a single file when you upload multiple documents on the online application system.
- Two recommendation letters of your teachers: Must be entered by your recommenders through the recommender page of the online application system.
NIG Internship Requirements
Interns must agree to fulfill the following requirements.
- Conform to the regulations of NIG.
- Maintain confidentiality of unpublished information obtained at NIG.
- Dedicate full efforts to the NIGINTERN program. Complete assignments, tasks, and projects associated with the internship program.
- Participate in the project for the full term of the internship (on a full-time basis, five days a week until the end of the designated term). Work on the days and times agreed with the supervisor.
- Give an oral presentation on the scheduled day to report the research results.
- Submit an essay and a questionnaire at the end of the internship term.
- Submit all the boarding pass stubs of flights arranged by NIG to and from Japan.
If the conditions listed above are not fully met, NIG shall take necessary actions such as reduction of the financial support and/or termination of the internship.
To learn more about the NIG Internship, please visit the official website: