Open Doors Fellowship Program for Women in Africa 2024: Good news for every African woman! An amazing opportunity is the Open Doors Fellowship Program for Women in Africa 2024. This fellowship program is intended exclusively for African women researchers. The Open Doors initiative seeks to give these female researchers the necessary hard and soft skills in order to empower them. For the Open Doors Fellowship 2024, improving their standing within their respective institutions is the main objective. More significantly, the goal of this fellowship in Belgium is to lower the dropout rate there. Comparably, post-doctoral and mid-career women researchers working in agricultural research at African and international research centers are the target audience for the research fellowship for African women. It is a rare chance for women to hone their research abilities and acquire the experience they need to advance in their careers. Thus, you should read through to the end if you are an African woman researcher.
The Open Doors Fellowship Program (ODFP) is thoughtfully crafted to meet each participant’s unique training needs. The objective is to provide a thorough, enlightening, and empowering educational experience that supports the general success and advancement of female researchers in their specialized fields. Moreover, there are two stages to this fellowship for women. Participants conduct three months of research in Belgium during the first phase (1-4 months). Fellows can extend their scientific network and widen their research perspectives with this short-term research fellowship. Thus, women scientists can now work in a Belgian laboratory thanks to this fellowship program. Access to equipment that is not readily available in Africa is made possible by the Open Doors Fellowship Program for Women in Africa. As a result, it enables participants to pick up new methods and abilities to advance their research.
Similar to this, participants in Phase 2 of the Open Doors Fellowship Program have 16 months to change their training schedule after going back to Africa. Six courses from the VIB training online portfolio are available to African women researchers. These courses cover a variety of hard and soft skills and also include coaching. Thus, through the VIB-IPBO Open Doors Fellowship 2024, African women will be empowered. This fellowship program offers a fantastic opportunity for female African researchers to conduct free research in Belgium. Make sure to apply before the deadline for the Open Doors Fellowship Program for Women in Africa because you wouldn’t want to miss this opportunity.
Open Doors Fellowship Program for Women in Africa 2024:
- Country: Belgium
- Financial coverage: Partially Funded
- Eligible Regions: Burkina Faso, Benin, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, or Uganda
- Deadline: January 30, 2024
Eligibility Criteria for the Open Doors Fellowship Program for African Women:
- The Open Doors Fellowship Program is open to female researchers and scholars.
- There is no age limit for female researchers applying for this fellowship in 2024.
- Applicants must be from Africa, nationals/residents of VLIR-UOS scholarship countries (Burkina Faso, Benin, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, or Uganda).
- Alternatively, applicants can be employees of a target organization in these countries, with candidates from Nigeria also supported, even though not being a VLIR-UOS scholarship country.
- For the Open Doors Fellowship, candidates must hold an active employment contract in a Higher Education institution or an international/national research center in the countries mentioned above.
- Moreover, the applicants’ research must be within specific fields, including molecular biology and genetics, plant breeding, agro-biotechnology, microbiology, chemical ecology, plant and soil health, livestock, or aquaculture.
- Similarly, applicants should be involved in supervising MSc or PhD students and providing support to staff within their academic or research institutions.
Benefits of Open Doors Fellowship Women of Africa:
- The Open Doors Fellowship is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for African women to pursue research.
- The program offers financial incentives to enhance scientific visibility.
- Open Doors fellows receive support for attending international congresses and covering open-access publication fees.
- The Fellowship for Women in Africa facilitates collaborations between Belgian and African laboratories, promoting long-term partnerships.
- Moreover, the Open Doors Fellowship helps African women grow their careers and undertake research internationally.
- It also provides women researchers with a tailored training program, addressing the unique needs of African women researchers. This includes both hard and soft skills essential for career progression.
- In addition, fellows benefit from extensive networking opportunities, connecting with professionals, researchers, and experts in their respective fields, both in Belgium and Africa.
- Therefore, the IPBO Open Doors Fellowship program offers African women the chance to pursue research and advance their careers, which otherwise would not have been possible.
Documents Required for the ODFP Fellowship:
- Curriculum Vitae/CV (maximum 3 pages)
- Motivation letter
- List of publications (papers, book chapters, technical reviews in indexed journals, and patents. Only publications in the Web of Science: Master Journal List are considered valid.)
- Academic transcripts and documents (for both the PhD and diploma)
- Supervisor’s support letter
- Institution’s HR letter (official signed letter from the Human Resources Office of the applicant’s institution)
- Research center support letter (Modality B only)
- To apply for the ODFP fellowship for African women, click on the ‘apply now‘ button below.
- Before you apply, however, ensure you meet the criteria and requirements for the Open Doors Fellowship.
- Also, make sure to submit all the documents mentioned above.
- There are currently two Modalities of the ODFP. Applicants may apply for Modality A or Modality B, whichever slot is open.
- The final selection of the awardees will be in March 2024.
Application Deadline for the Open Doors Fellowship Program for Women in Africa:
- The deadline to apply for the Open Doors Fellowship Program is the end of January 2024. The exact date may vary.