A fully financed fellowship, the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024, will allow activists, journalists, leaders of civil society, and academics from all around the globe to spend 5 months living at the National Endowment for Democracy (NED). Fellows are given the opportunity to do independent study on regional or national democratic trends via the exchange program in Washington, D.C. The International Forum for Democratic Studies, which is the premier source of research on democratic transitions worldwide, offers fellows the chance to develop advanced skills and knowledge via the Reagan-Fascell fellowship.
The five-month, fully-funded international fellowship in the United States is intended for both researchers and practitioners. However, the researchers will learn how to conduct unique and exclusive research for their publications, and the practitioners will learn how to enhance the tactics and procedures for establishing democracy globally. The National Endowment for Democracy Fellowship ensures the fellows’ engagement with other peers, the availability of resources for research and writing, and opportunities to establish professional connections with a global network of democracy advocates so they can gain all the beneficial experiences.
Practitioners from emerging or aspirant democracies, as well as those from non-democratic nations and other mature democracies, are all enthusiastically welcomed by the Reagan-Fascell program. The NED democracy fellowship program is built around a variety of educational and fun activities that provide fellows an understanding of government activity and other institutions that are tied to it. The activities might include lectures, panel discussions, outings, sporting events, visits to museums, happy hours, and more. All of these activities aim to foster a spirit of cooperation among the fellows and to teach the fellows about democratic education.
The Reagan-Fascell NED fellowship focuses on certain initiatives that pertain to democracy. Work on projects based on NED-proposed initiatives is required of the NED fellows. The political, social, economic, legal, and cultural aspects of democratic growth must be the main emphasis of both academic and practical programs. A variety of processes and approaches may potentially be used as the project’s foundation. The page that follows is a comprehensive guide to various financial perks, together with information on qualifying requirements and how to submit a successful application. The Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship program is open to applicants who believe they are advocates for democratic ideals and their dissemination. This is important since NED’s objective is to encourage freedom around the globe.
Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024 in the USA:
- The United States of America
- National Endowment for Democracy (NED)
- Washington, D.C.
- 5 Months
Benefits of the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024:
- The fellows will receive a monthly stipend.
- The health insurance of the fellows will be covered by the organization.
- The cost of a furnished rental apartment will be paid.
- The cost of roundtrip travel to and from Washington D.C. will be covered.
- The costs of living which include food, local transportation, and other living necessities will be covered.
- A fully equipped office will is provided.
- The cost of long-distance phone calls and professional trips will be covered. (Limited budget)
Eligibility Criteria of the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024:
The basic eligibility criteria are the same for both practitioners as well as scholars. However, some requirements are different for both of them.
- The applicants must be proficient in English.
- The applicant must propose a project that will be focusing on the political, social, economic legal, or cultural sides of the democratic countries.
- The applicants must ensure their availability at the residence in Washington D.C. during their 5-months of the fellowship program.
Eligibility for Practitioners Track
- The applicant must be a mid-career professional.
- The applicant must have practical experience promoting democracy or human rights in the country or region.
Eligibility for Scholars
- The applicants must have completed the PhD or equivalent academic degree at the time of application.
- The applicants must have a record of publications in their respective fields.
- The applicants must formulate a detailed outline of the research project for the fellowship program.
How to apply for the Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellowship 2024?
- In order to apply the applicants have to create an online account through our online portal.
- After the successful creation of the account and successful registration, a confirmation email will be received.
- Through the confirmation email, the applicants will be brought to a webpage from which they can create a username and password to continue the application process.
Application Process of the NED Fellowship 2024:
- The application process starts after successfully logging in.
- To start the application click on the click to start button.
- Provide your general information including name, citizenship, date of birth and gender, etc.
- Provide authentic and accessible contact information.
- Provide an accurate assessment of English proficiency.
- Provide your fellowship information.
- A complete project proposal information must be provided.
- An updated resume must be provided in the application.
- Provide all the reference information.
- Don’t leave any blank in the application.
- After providing all the required information click on the review and submit application button.
- All the application material must be submitted in English.
- The application deadline for the 2022-2023 Reagan-Fascell Democracy Fellows Program is November 7, 2023.