Scholarships offered by the Romanian government are now accepting applications. In this post, we’ll go into great depth regarding this scholarship program, its advantages, and how to apply.
For overseas students, the Romanian Government Scholarships 2024–2025 are completely financed. These scholarships are offered for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral studies. Scholarships from the Romanian government will pay the whole cost of education, housing, and a monthly stipend of up to 80 EUR.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Romanian government awards a number of scholarships to nationals of non-EU nations each year. Only applicants with excellent academic achievements, or an average of the study years for the most recent school where they graduated, of at least 7 (seven), matching to the Romanian scoring system or the “Good” score, as the case may be, are qualified.
All areas, with the exception of medicine, dental medicine, and pharmacy, allow applicants to choose the study program of their choice. To support the Romanian language and culture, only study programs in Romanian are offered for the Bachelor and Master degrees. But PhD candidates also have the option of choosing a course in English or a foreign language that is prescribed by the doctoral institution. For individuals who don’t speak Romanian, a year of preparation in the language is provided before enrolling in the desired academic program. Diplomas, transcripts, birth certificates, passports, and CVs are all necessary papers and are all included in the application process.
Romania Government Scholarships 2024 Fully Funded
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): Romanian Universities
- Study in: Romania
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Architecture, Visual Arts, Romanian Culture and Civilization, Journalism, Political and Administrative Sciences, Engineering, Education Sciences, Social and Human Sciences, Technical Studies, Oil and Gas, Agricultural Sciences, Veterinary Medicine. Scholarships are not awarded in the fields of Medicine, Dental Medicine, and Pharmacy.
- Program Period:
- Undergraduate: 3-6 Years
- Master: 1.5-2 Years
- Doctorate: 3-4 Years
- Deadline: March 1, 2023 (CURRENTLY CLOSED. Applications will open in December)
Romania Government Scholarships will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Financing tuition fees;
- Financing the accommodation expenses in the dormitories, through the budget of the Ministry of Education, within the limit of the subsidy allocated for this purpose (accommodation will be provided to the extent of available places);
- Granting a monthly financial aid, as follows: the equivalent in ”lei” (the Romanian currency) of the amount of 65 EURO, for undergraduate and the preparatory year students; the equivalent in ”lei” (the Romanian currency) of the amount of 75 EURO, for master students, the equivalent in ”lei” (the Romanian currency) of the amount of 85 EURO, for PhD students.
The scholarships do not cover the costs of international transport and those of domestic transport from the Romanian border crossing point to the university. In this regard, candidates must be prepared for the personal financial support of the additional costs.
Eligibility Criteria for Romania Government Scholarships
To qualify for Romania Government Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Eligible Countries: International students from non-EU countries with the following exceptions:
- citizens of Romanian origin or who are part of the Romanian historical communities in the proximity of Romania (entitled to different scholarship programmes);
- citizens who have requested or acquired a form of protection in Romania;
- stateless persons whose stay on the territory of Romania is officially recognized according to the law;
- members of the diplomatic and consular corps or family members of the diplomatic and consular corps accredited to Romania;
- members of the administrative and technical staff of diplomatic missions and consular offices accredited to Romania;
- staff members of international organizations based in Romania or family members of staff of international organizations based in Romania;
- beneficiaries of a scholarship from the Romanian state for the same cycle of study.
- Present study documents issued by accredited/recognized education institutions in the country where they were issued;
- Comply with the enrolment deadline;
- Have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last graduated school of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case;
- Comply with the application submission methodology.
- Not more than 35 years of age for Bachelor & Master Studies & 45 Years Respectively for Doctoral Studies or for postgraduate studies.
What is the language of study?
In order to promote the Romanian language and culture, the beneficiaries of the scholarships granted by the Romanian state for undergraduate and master`s studies study only in Romanian. The exception is doctoral scholarship holders, who can opt for studies in Romanian or in a foreign language set by the doctoral school. For candidates who do not speak Romanian, a preparatory year is granted for the study of the Romanian language prior to the actual university studies, with the exception of doctoral scholarship holders who have opted for the form of education in a foreign language set by the doctoral school.
The following categories of persons are exempted from enrolling in the Romanian language preparatory year:
- those who present Romanian study documents (diplomas or certificates) or study documents, school records attesting at least four consecutive years of studies attended in Romanian in an educational unit/institution from the Romanian national system;
- those who, in order to enrol in university education, pass the Romanian language test, organized according to the regulations in force;
- those who, in order to enrol in university education, present a certificate of linguistic competence in Romanian, minimum level B1, issued according to the regulations in force.
How to Apply for Romania Government Scholarships
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship:
(1) Complete all sections of the online application form
(2) Upload the following documents:
- Copies of the diplomas obtained (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent, plus bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate degree, if applicable) and their authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copies of transcripts of the completed studies and their authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the birth certificate (or equivalent document) and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the first three pages of the passport or of the national document of identity and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Curriculum Vitae in English or French in the required format, and for the doctoral cycle also a letter of intent from the applicant in English, French, Spanish or Romanian.
(3) The application will also include the following documents (only for candidates who belong to the specific category mentioned for each document):
- Copy of the proof of name change (if applicable) and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the certificate proving the passing of the baccalaureate, bachelor’s or master’s exam, as the case may be, for graduates who do not hold yet the diploma and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the certificate proving that the person in the final year of studies is to take the graduation exam at the end of the school/university year and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the transcript attesting the academic record of the person in the final year of studies, until the moment of submitting the application file, and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copy of the certificate of completion of the Romanian language preparatory year or the certificate of linguistic competence, if applicable.
- Copy of the notarized declaration of parental consent in the case of candidates who have not reached the age of 18 by the date of commencement of the courses and the authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
The documents must be scanned individually, after the original, in .pdf format.
To know more about Romania Government Scholarships, please visit official website: