The SBW Berlin Scholarship is an international student scholarship that comes with full funding. This scholarship is available for graduate and undergraduate work. In addition to many other benefits, the scholarship offers a 100% tuition fee waiver, a monthly stipend, lodging and travel reimbursement.
Globally, SBW Berlin provides support for educational initiatives. We contribute to the global advancement and dissemination of knowledge and education through our SBW Berlin Scholarship.
The SBW Berlin Scholarship provides financial support to international students from low-income families, who then use the knowledge and skills they gain from their studies in Germany to advance long-term non-profit projects, ideally back home.
We give out scholarships for both bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Berlin and Potsdam based on the academic standing, character traits, and social needs of the applicants. Generally speaking, funding is available for all artistic and scientific fields. In certain situations, we can also help with vocational training in Potsdam or Berlin. Research conducted in other German federal states or in your home country is not eligible for funding.
SBW Berlin Scholarship 2024 Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters
- Institution(s): SBW Berlin
- Study in: Germany
- Opportunity Focus Areas: All fields
- Program Period: Depends on the chosen degree.
- Deadline: May 15 to June 30 / November 15 to December 31 (Annually)
SBW Berlin Scholarship provides the recipient with below benefits:
- A room in our shared student flats in Berlin
- Cost-of-living allowance in the amount calculated in section IX.
- Tuition fees
- Possibly also a travel allowance for your journey to Berlin before the start of your studies and for the journey home after you have completed your studies
Eligibility Criteria for SBW Berlin Scholarship
To qualify for SBW Berlin Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Age Limitation: 18-30 years old
- Applicants should be before the start of their university education or fully enrolled in the first, second or max. third semester at a state-recognized university (in Germany or abroad) or application for a Master’s degree shortly before or after obtaining a Bachelor’s degree. Average grades correspond with a German grade point average of at least 2.0.
- Applicants who are able to prove a relatively low net income. The total household income of the applicants does not exceed the average income which has been officially stated for their home country. The income of all household members and all sources of income of the family (e.g. from employment, business activities, property, child benefit or pensions) will be taken into account.
- Extra-curricular Activities Experience: Applicants who have professional or volunteer experience in the non-profit sector.
How to Apply for SBW Berlin Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for this scholarship.
Note: You should have admission, acceptance, or evidence of eligibility to a university in Berlin or Potsdam.
- Fill in the application form.
- Fill in your personal and contact information and add your photograph.
- Provide information about your current and previous education.
- Provide information about the following:
- Your parents and members of your household.
- Most recent school or university certificate
- Highest school leaving certificate
- Highest obtained university degree
- Current occupation and desired career
- Training, in case of applications for vocational training
- Internships and professional experience
- Your skills, hobbies and interests
- Travel abroad experience
- Volunteering experience
- Include the following documents:
- Motivation letter (1 or 2 pages long)
- Copy of your last school or university certificate that shows your grade point average
and a grade overview
- Copy of your highest academic degree (high school diploma or university certificate) with
your grade point average and a grade overview
If available, copies of the following documents as well:
- University admission or evidence of your qualification for university entrance
- Copy of an internationally recognized language certificate for the language in which your
studies will be taught
- All previous work, training, apprenticeship and internship certificates and references
- If you have already started studying: all so far obtained university certificates and records
of achievements (graded and ungraded)
We recommend all applicants to submit the following additional documents, which are not mandatory:
- One or two letters of recommendation from professors, schoolteachers, employers, etc.
- Evidence of the net household income
Note: Non-certified copies and translations are sufficient for the application. If the applicant successfully passes the selection process, certified copies of some of those documents will be required during the verification process.
- The application and all enclosed certificates and supporting documents must be submitted in
German or English via email to email@example.com.
The final decision whether a scholarship (starting the following semester) will be granted can be
expected at the beginning of February respectively the beginning of August of each year.
To know more about SBW Berlin Scholarship, please visit official website: