Good news! Pursue your studies in China. Shanghai Government Scholarship Program is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
Shanghai Government Scholarship 2024-2025 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for undergraduate, masters and PhD studies. This scholarship covers full tuition fee, accommodation, medical insurance and monthly living expense up to CNY3500.
Shanghai Government Scholarship SGS is open to international students to undertake higher education at educational institutes in Shanghai China for 2024-2025 session. Shanghai Government Scholarship (SGS) was started in 2006 with the objective to enhance the development of international student education in Shanghai and attract more and more brilliant international students.
Studying in Shanghai is an excellent opportunity, and SGS provides Scholarships in China for Non-Chinese Students in a Variety of Subjects. Several different fields Philosophy, politics, the rule of law, instruction, literature, history, management, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, and the arts are all covered under the Shanghai Scholarship.
The city of Shanghai is providing two different types of scholarships. Type A (Full Scholarship) offers full medical insurance, on-campus housing, and exemption from tuition fees. It also covers monthly living expenses. (Partial scholarship) Type B. Details are provided in full below.
The Shanghai Government Scholarship 2020 For Bachelors, Masters, & Ph.D. is now accepting applications. Shanghai’s government has invited students from all over the globe to pursue bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees in China on full scholarships.
Fully Funded Shanghai Government Scholarship 2023
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institutions(s): Shanghai Universities (Check list below)
- Study in: China
- Courses Offered: Philosophy, economics, law, education, literature, history, management, science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, and art.
- Program Period: Bachelor’s Degree Program: 4 to 5 years, Master’s Degree Programs: 2 to 3 years, Doctoral Degree Programs: 3 to 4 years
- Deadline: Between January to June of each year
List of Shanghai universities
|2||Shanghai Jiao Tong University||http://isc.sjtu.edu.cn|
|3||Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine||http://www.shsmu.edu.cn/iso|
|5||East China Normal University||http://lxs.ecnu.edu.cn/EN|
|6||East China University of Science and Technology||http://ies.ecust.edu.cn/en|
|7||Shanghai International Studies University||http://www.oisa.shisu.edu.cn|
|9||Shanghai University of Finance and Economics||http://ices.sufe.edu.cn|
|11||University of Shanghai for Science and Technology||http://iso.usst.edu.cn|
|12||Shanghai Maritime University||http://en.shmtu.edu.cn|
|13||Shanghai Conservatory of Music||http://www.shcmusic.edu.cn|
|14||Shanghai Theatre Academy||http://www.sta.edu.cn|
|15||Shanghai University of Sport||http://cice.sus.edu.cn|
|16||East China University of Political Science and Law||http://www.ecupl.edu.cn|
|17||Shanghai Ocean University||http://admissions.shou.edu. cn/en/en?c=index|
|18||Shanghai University of Electric Power||http://fao.shiep.edu.cn/en|
|19||Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine||http://iec.shutcm.edu.cn/en|
|20||Shanghai Normal University||http://iao.shnu.edu.cn|
|21||Shanghai University of International Business and Economics||http://www.suibe.edu.cn/sis|
|22||Shanghai university of Engineering Science||http://chinese.sues.edu.cn|
|23||Shanghai Lixin University of Accounting and Finance||http://en.lixin.edu.cn/web/ home.aspx|
|24||Shanghai Polytechnic University||http://lxs.sspu.edu.cn|
|25||Shanghai Dianji University||http://guojijl.sdju.edu.cn|
|26||Shanghai Institute of Technology||http://inter.sit.edu.cn/s/56/t/ 263/p/1/c/2504/list.htm|
|27||Shanghai Business School||http://www.sbs.edu.cn/en_01|
|28||Shanghai University of Political Science and Law||http://int.shupl.edu.cn/ english/main.psp|
|29||Sanda University||http://www.sandau.edu.cn/ english/main.htm|
|30||Shanghai Jian Qiao University||http://www.iidc.gench.edu.cn|
|31||Shanghai University of Medicine & Health Sciences||http://www.sumhs.edu.cn|
|33||China Europe International Business School||http://en.ceibs.edu|
|34||Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences||http://yjs.sass.org.cn|
Shanghai Government Scholarship SGS provides the recipient with two types of scholarships:
Type A (Full Scholarship)
- Exempt From Full Tuition fee.
- Accommodation on campus
- Provide comprehensive medical insurance
- Monthly Living Expense:
- Doctoral program: CNY3500
- Graduate program: CNY3000
- Undergraduate program: CNY2500
Type B (Partial Scholarship)
- Exempt from tuition fee, and provide comprehensive medical insurance.
Eligibility Criteria for Shanghai Government Scholarship
To qualify for Shanghai Government Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Languages: Generally, applicant should achieve Chinese level of HSK4 and meet the language requirements of the applied university and program.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries except Chinese citizens.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Applicants for the pre-college program must have a high school diploma and be under 23.
- Applicants for the bachelor degree program must have a high school diploma and be under 25.
- Applicants for the master degree program must have a bachelor degree and be under 35.
- Applicants for the doctoral degree program must have a master degree and under 40.
- Outstanding in academic performance.
- Meeting entry requirements of the applied university and program.
- Applicant that has received any other scholarships offered by Chinese government or organizations is not entitled to apply SGS.
How to Apply for Shanghai Government Scholarship?
Please follow the following step by step application instructions to avail Shanghai Government Scholarship:
- Applicant should register and apply online through http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/en/ise.html. Submit online application and download the application form.
- Applicant should register and apply online through selected university website (List of universities is given above). Submit online application and pay application fee (if applicable).
- After submit the online application, download and print out the application form. Mail two sets of hard-copy of application documents (1 set of originals and 1 set of photocopies) to the university where you have applied.
- General Documents required:
- Application Form from http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/en/ise.html
- Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy):
- Photocopy of health certificate and blood test. Bring your original documents when entering China.
- Photocopy of passport, including all Chinese visa pages.
- Certificates of award in your high school (not mandatory).
- Applicants under 18 must provide a Guardian’s Letter of Guarantee.
- Make sure your email address is correct and check your email box occasionally, otherwise you might miss some IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
- The result of your application will be announced both in your application account and on the bulletin of International Students’ Office website.
- Admitted students must bring the original graduation certificate and diploma to register on the dates listed on the admission letter. Your enrollment will be cancelled without providing the relevant certificates.
To know more about Shanghai Government Scholarship, please visit official website: