The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2024-2025, are the strategy to foster research, education, and innovations. The master’s, PhD, and post-doctoral students from all around the globe may apply for the international scholarship in Switzerland. The worldwide Swiss Government Scholarship is merely a master’s degree, but it is accessible for ambitious and self-driven PhD and Post-Doc students as well as students of the arts. Students who are intellectually interested, creative, have an open minds, who demonstrate and have an aptitude for cross-cultural engagement are therefore required to apply for this highly sought-after scholarship opportunity.
The Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence Scholarships each year to encourage international research and cultural contact between Switzerland and more than 180 other nations. The citizens of nations having diplomatic connections to Switzerland are qualified for these international scholarships in Europe. The Switzerland Government Scholarships additionally strengthen Switzerland’s image internationally as an innovator in the ERI and in fostering research culture.
In regards to education, Switzerland possesses an outstanding reputation. Due to this, there are many foreign and international students in higher education in Switzerland. In addition, 113 Nobel Prize winners have connections to Swiss education. In addition, Switzerland ranks effectively for its educational institutions. In terms of long-term sustainable education, research, and innovation, Switzerland has made an important impact. One of the basis of Switzerland’s success is this face. The world’s excellent, creative, and creative individuals are thus cordially invited to apply for the Swiss scholarships for students from other countries.
The students can gain confidence and prosper in their areas of study because of Switzerland’s diverse society and advanced way of life. Furthermore, the Swiss Government Scholarship for Foreign Scholars provides students an excellent opportunity to establish relationships with Swiss university experts and do innovative studies. After their scholarship term is up, the scholars maintain contact with one another and are part of a wonderful alumni network that works well together. This supports international collaboration and a tolerance-promoting culture, both of which are desperately required. The following page contains an in-depth description of the two primary types of scholarships offered via this international scholarship program in Switzerland.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2024-25:
- Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students.
- Masters Degree
- Research Degree
- Swiss Government Excellence Master’s Scholarships
- Swiss Government Excellence PhD Scholarships
- Swiss Government Excellence Postdoctoral Scholarships
- Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarships
Types of Scholarships:
There are two types of programs that the scholarship offers.
- The applicant can apply in any field of study under this program and research scholars are allowed to study in all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, two federal institutes of technology, as well as four research institutes.
- Art scholarships are for those who are applying for a master’s degree. A limited number of countries are allowed for this group. Art scholarship holders can study at any Swiss conservatory or university of arts.
Duration of Scholarship:
- Research Scholarship in Switzerland – 12 months
- PhD Scholarship in Switzerland- 12 to 36 months (time duration varies based on academic achievement)
- Post-Doc Scholarship- 12 months
Benefits of the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships 2024-25:
- There is no application processing fee.
- A monthly stipend will be given to master’s, PhD, and Postdoctoral students.
- For more information about financial support, visit the official website.
Eligibility Criteria of Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships:
- In order to be eligible for this scholarship, the applicant must have an acceptance letter from a professor from a Swiss university. Therefore, you must know how to get an acceptance letter from a professor.
- For PhD and Post-doc, the applicant must have a master’s degree equivalent to a Swiss master’s degree.
- For the master’s program, the applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree equivalent to the Swiss bachelor’s degree.
- The applicant must be the national of a country with which Switzerland has diplomatic relations.
- Scholarship holders must be able to move to Switzerland for the study period.
- The applicant who is residing in Switzerland for more than me year is not eligible to apply.
- The applicant who has already received any other Swiss Government grant can not apply.
- The eligibility for a master’s program slightly differs from country to country. You must check the eligibility criteria by visiting the site of Switzerland Government or searching the tile of the scholarship name.
How to apply for Switzerland Government Excellence Scholarships?
- The applicants have to apply for PhD, Post-Doc, or master’s programs in Swiss universities as well as for the Federal Commission of Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) separately.
- The applicant must provide his/her complete profile and research project or artistic work.
- The applicant has to find a supervisor on his/her own from a desired Swiss university.
- It is recommended that the research work of your selected professors coincides with your area of study.
- Mskr s direct contact with your professor and communicate about your interest in the Swiss Government scholarship.
- The students applying for Arts must confirm their country’s eligibility first.
- The document must be in English.
- The application package can be obtained by the Embassy of Switzerland.
Documents Required for Swiss Government Scholarships 2023-24:
- A short CV.
- A letter of motivation.
- A research plan of a maximum of 5 pages (signed) using the FCS form.
- Submit two sets of documents 1-original and 1 copy.
- The first set must contain the original signed documents having two letters of recommendation (if applicable attested in English).
- The second set must contain a copy of the first set except for recommendation letters.
- A typed and printed FCS form with a photo.
Swiss Scholarship Application Deadline:
- The application deadline varies from country to country. The Swiss scholarship’s result will be announced by the End of May 2023.