The Gates Scholarship 2024 USA: Applying for the Gates Scholarship is still open. We will go into great detail about this scholarship in this post, along with its advantages and a step-by-step guide for applying.
For American students seeking an undergraduate scholarship, the Gates Scholarship 2024 offers full funding. This scholarship pays for books, room and board, transportation expenses, tuition, and fees.
A highly competitive last-dollar scholarship, the Gates Scholarship (TGS) is awarded to exceptional minority high school seniors from low-income families. 300 of these student leaders receive the scholarship each year in an effort to support them in reaching their full potential.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the process employed by a Scholar’s college or university will be used to determine the expected family contribution and the full cost of attendance* that is not already covered by other financial aid. Scholars will receive funding for these costs.
Gates scholarships (TGS) are among the 20,000 private scholarships awarded in the United States each year. The top applicants with the most outstanding leadership traits, community service experience, and academic accomplishments will be given priority to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity.
The goal of this scholarship program, which Bill Gates and his wife started, is to end youth illiteracy. More than 300 students from disadvantaged families receive the Gates scholarship each year in order to pursue higher education and better lives.
One of the greatest fully-funded undergraduate scholarships that is renewable for five years is the Gates Scholarship. Financial aid will be available to undergraduate scholars for a variety of costs, including books, tuition, room and board, and transportation.
The Gates Scholarship 2024 USA
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): American Colleges
- Study in: USA
- Deadline: September 15, 2024 (Opens in July)
The Gates Scholarship Program provides the recipient with:
- Tuition fee waiver
- Room or accommodation expenses
- Board expenses
- Textbook expenses
- Transportation expenses would be covered.
Eligibility Criteria for The Gates Scholarship Program
To qualify for The Gates Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: USA
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Additionally, a student must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
Note: *For American Indian/Alaska Native, proof of tribal enrollment will be required.
- An ideal candidate will have:
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
How to Apply for The Gates Scholarship?
Please follow the following instructions to apply for The Gates Scholarship:
- Apply online on official website.
- A candidate is supposed to gather the following information :
- SAT or ACT scores
- Academic transcripts
- Cumulative GPA
- Financial information about the candidate’s family
- Extracurricular information
- Letter of Recommendation
- After gathering the information, the applicant is supposed to sign up for the TGS profile and start the Gates scholarship application process and submit the application with accurate information.
To know more about The Gates Scholarship Program, please visit the official website: