UNESCO ICT in Education Prize 2024: Applications are being accepted for the UNESCO ICT in Education Prize! The initiative known as the UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education honors exceptional projects and initiatives across the globe that use information and communication technologies (ICT) to improve education. Thus, the UNESCO Prize honors creative approaches to leveraging new technologies to enhance learning and education opportunities for all. This is also in line with the Sustainable Development Goals of the 2030 Agenda. The UNESCO ICT Prize was established in 2005 with the support of the Kingdom of Bahrain and recognizes individuals and organizations that are actively involved in outstanding projects. The 2023–2024 UNESCO ICT Prize in Education honors distinguished achievements in the fields of technology and education. Thus, you have to read through to the end if you want to be eligible for this UNESCO ICT Prize.
The goal of the King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education is to encourage creative technology use, which will enhance teaching, learning, and overall educational efficacy in the digital age. It is a fantastic chance for people and organizations to take on a variety of educational opportunities and challenges. In a similar vein, they stand to gain honors and recognition for their technological advancements in education. Every year, two exceptional projects are selected by an international panel to receive the UNESCO ICT in Education Award. A $25,000 cash award, a medal, and a diploma are given to each recipient at a ceremony held at the UNESCO Headquarters in Paris. Consequently, the UNESCO international prize becomes an even more alluring opportunity.
Additionally, it constantly highlights the promotion of the responsible and ethical use of information and communication technologies because its annual theme focus is in line with UNESCO’s mission and guiding principles. Every year, the UNESCO Education Prize has a theme. “Digital learning for greening education” is the theme for the UNESCO ICT in Education Prize in 2023. The goal of the UNESCO Prize 2024 is to emphasize and strengthen the significance of best practices in the use of digital technologies within the framework of this theme. This competition’s primary objective is to help students become more capable and committed to sustainable development. Should the award’s theme pique your interest, you must submit an application by the UNESCO Use of ICT in Education Prize deadline of 2023.
Theme of 2023 Edition of UNESCO Prize:
- The theme for the year 2023-2024 is “Digital learning for greening education.”
- Country: France/Bahrain/Online
- Financial coverage: Paid
- Deadline: February 5, 2024
Eligibility Criteria for UNESCO ICT in Education Prize 2023-24:
- Individuals, institutions, non-governmental organizations, or any other entities are eligible to apply for this award.
- All the projects must align with the theme of the year.
- All projects for the prize must also be in progress for at least one year.
- Moreover, neither the project nor its organization should have any affiliation with UNESCO, and they should not be recipients of funding from UNESCO.
- To be eligible for the UNESCO ICT in Education Prize 2023-24, the project must be public and offered free of charge.
- Suitability of Digital Solutions: The project should be grounded in a needs assessment and utilize purpose-fit technologies to deliver secure, inclusive, and robust tools.
- Inclusion and Equity: Emphasis should be on how the project promotes inclusion and equity in Education, considering marginalized groups, minorities, and learners with diverse abilities.
- Education Innovation: The project must embrace innovative pedagogical methodologies tailored for climate education, promoting digital learning and active learner engagement.
- Evidence of Impact: All submissions for the UNESCO prize 2023-24 should provide tangible evidence of the project’s impact on the learners reached, demonstrating achievement of pre-defined learning outcomes.
- Potential for Scalability and Replicability: The project must showcase evidence of its potential to be replicated in different contexts or its capacity for further optimization and scalability to increase its impact.
Benefits of the UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education:
- An international jury will choose the two best projects. The prize winners will each receive a cash prize of $25,000. Hence, providing financial reward.
- All awardees will also receive international recognition from UNESCO, highlighting their innovative efforts in utilizing ICT for educational purposes.
- The prize winners are honored during a prestigious ceremony held at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris, enhancing their visibility and credibility within the global educational community.
- Recognition through the ICT in Education Prize signifies alignment with UNESCO’s mission and values.
- Winning the UNESCO ICT in Education Prize improves the visibility of the projects and their creators, potentially leading to broader recognition and support.
- How to Apply for the UNESCO Education Prize?
- To apply for this international prize, applicants must request their user account or click on the ‘apply now’ button below for account request.
- Similarly, go to the online application portal and make sure to submit the form carefully, filling out all the fields.
- It is important to note that self-nominations are not allowed. Applicants or organizations must contact a nominating authority.
- NGOs or Governments of the Member States of UNESCO, in official partnership, can make up to three nominations for the UNESCO ICT in Education Prize.
- The international jury meeting will take place in March 2024.
Application Deadline for the UNESCO ICT in Education Prize 2023-2024:
- The deadline to apply for the UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education is 5 February 2024.