The University of Otago PhD Scholarships 2024 are a new PhD scholarship opportunity from Opportunities Circle. Every year, the University of Otago awards 180 local and foreign students with PhD fellowships. The University of Otago New Zealand will pay the applicants’ tuition costs and provide them a stipend. The institution was established in 1869 and is now a preeminent research university in New Zealand. Being one of New Zealand’s oldest institutions, it offers young scholars the ability to conduct research under the guidance of a top-notch international faculty and to transform their ideas into original research projects.
The scholars will have the chance to establish themselves on a global scale and contribute to worldwide research in a variety of sectors, including business, law, health, and science, thanks to this University of Otago doctoral fellowship. Obtaining the fully financed PhD fellowship will assist young academics in learning about a new culture, collaborating with individuals of various racial backgrounds, exchanging information and ideas, and contributing to the development of solutions. The term of these 36-month, fully financed PhD fellowships will not be increased. The scholarship has no set deadline, so interested students may apply at any time of the year. International students will benefit from these Otago University scholarships by being able to attend school there for free.
These doctorate scholarships are being offered by the New Zealand University of Otago for nationals and foreign students who are interested in attending Otago University based on recommendations from the Senate. Remember that any candidate for this university’s doctoral program is only eligible to submit one application and earn one fully supported scholarship. The candidates may pursue a PhD in any of the available subjects at the institution. Due to the high level of competition for these PhD scholarships at Otago University, only those with strong academic credentials and the aptitude to do original research will be chosen. A list of the several specialty scholarships offered for various PhD programs under the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship is given below. These are all top-notch, fully financed scholarships for students from abroad. Therefore, you must carefully study this post and apply to any of the scholarships mentioned if you’re searching for a fully financed PhD scholarship.
University of Otago PhD Scholarships 2024
List of Otago Doctoral Scholarships:
- The University of Otago Māori Doctoral Scholarship offers $30,696 with a tuition fee waiver for Māori thesis PhD applicants.
- University of Otago Pacific Island Doctoral Scholarship offers $30,696 with a tuition fee waiver for indigenous Pacific Island thesis PhD applicants.
- University of Otago China Scholarship Council Doctoral Scholarship is offered for those who are supported by the China Scholarship Council.
- University of Otago City of Literature PhD Scholarship.
- University of Otago Special Health Research Scholarship
- Alliance Group Postgraduate Scholarship
- Bamforth Postgraduate Scholarship offers a tuition fee waiver for 3 years for PhD study.
- Bruggeman Postgraduate Scholarship in Classics offers postgraduate funding to support Classics PhD applicants.
- Fanny Evans Postgraduate Scholarship for Women.
- Gilbert M. Tothill Scholarship in Psychological Medicine provides $10,000/ year to support research in Psychological Medicine, Psychiatry, or a related fields.
- Macandrew-Stout Postgraduate Scholarship in Economics.
- Postgraduate Tassell Scholarship in Cancer Research
- Senior Smeaton Scholarship funds to support postgraduate study in Experimental Science.
- Waddell Smith Postgraduate Scholarship in Education provides $2,000 towards postgraduate study in Education.
Country: New Zealand
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Eligible Regions: Anyone can apply
Eligibility Criteria :
Interested in pursuing your PhD in New Zealand for free? Then check your eligibility and start preparing for the application. The eligibility criteria for the University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship for international students are given below:
Eligibility Criteria of the University of Otago PhD Scholarships:
- International students, as well as domestic students of New Zealand, can apply for this fully funded doctoral scholarship.
- Applicants must have a master’s degree.
- Applicants must be applying 1st time for the doctoral program at the University of Otago.
- International students must have excellent academic records, i.e., fulfilling university grade requirements.
- Applicants must show interest and potential for research.
- The recommendation of the head of the department is required.
- Applicants must be proficient in the English Language or, if required, have an English language score or proficiency letter.
- Applicants must also meet the English language criteria.
The University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship in New Zealand is a fully funded scholarship in New Zealand full of benefits. Opportunities Circle has listed the benefits below:
Benefits of the University of Otago PhD Scholarships 2024:
- Successful applicants will get a tuition fee waiver for 36 months.
- International students will receive an annual stipend of NZ$ 30,696.
- An opportunity to study abroad for free.
- Exposure to different cultures.
- An opportunity to conduct research at an international level in well-equipped laboratories.
- Interested applicants can easily apply for the University of Otago PhD Scholarships online by using the eVision portal for the doctoral program.
- After applying for admission, applicants will get an alert on their student portal for the invitation to the scholarship application.
- The University of Otago PhD scholarships are open every time of the year. Interested candidates can apply at any time.