UTRIP Summer Internship Program in Japan 2024: For international students interested in studying and conducting research in Tokyo, the UTRIP Summer Internship Program in Japan 2024 is a great opportunity. The Graduate School of Science (GSS) at the University of Tokyo, a renowned center for research and education worldwide, launched the University of Tokyo Research Internship Program (UTRIP). Students with extraordinary talent from all over the world are invited to apply for the Summer Internship program. It is intended especially for undergraduates who have a strong desire to go on to earn a master’s or doctorate. Students with a focus on the natural sciences and related fields are eligible to apply for the University of Tokyo internship. Thus, UTRIP offers students an invaluable opportunity to evaluate their preparedness for graduate work in the natural sciences and related subjects. Thus, please read through to the end and apply before the University of Tokyo Research Internship Program 2024 deadline if you would like to be a UTRIP Summer Intern.
All interns at UTRIP’s Tokyo internship get to participate in an exciting summer research program. Earth and planetary science, chemistry, physics, astronomy, and biological sciences are the five departments that make up the GSS. Prominent faculty members from these departments provide focused instruction and mentorship in research methodologies to participating students. Additionally, the GSS-UTRIP internship 2024 program gives participants the exceptional chance to encounter the workings of a research-focused setting or the dynamics of an actual graduate program. As such, it provides a route to graduate degrees and an intimate look at UTokyo academic life. Similar to this, students can evaluate their preparedness for graduate work in the natural sciences by participating in the UTRIP internship in Japan. Through the esteemed University of Tokyo Summer Internship 2024, interns will actively collaborate with renowned researchers from the Graduate School of Science (GSS) at UTokyo as they delve into meaningful scientific research experiences.
In addition, the UTRIP Summer Internship Program 2024 will run from June to August 2024 for about six weeks. For those who want to study for advanced degrees while living on campus at the University of Tokyo, UTRIP provides an opportunity. In addition to its research component, the UTokyo Summer Internship program offers various off-campus events. Field trips to historical or scenic locations in Japan are among them. Social and cultural gatherings aimed at fostering ties with current UTokyo students and promoting Japanese culture. In addition, the fully funded summer internship in Japan includes multiple lectures covering interdisciplinary scientific domains. Thus, undergraduate students have a fantastic opportunity to experience research, academic life, and cultural dynamics at the University of Tokyo through this international internship.
UTRIP Summer Internship Program in Japan 2024
- Institution(s): University of Tokyo
- Location: Japan
- Internship Period: 26 June 2024 – 6 August 2024 (2 months)
- Internship Deadline: January 09, 2024
Internship Focused Areas
The UTRIP summer intern program is available in the following fields:
- Earth & Planetary Science
Interns will work under the supervision of the professor. You can check the name of the professor and the available internship positions here.
UTRIP Summer Internship Benefits
Accommodation: A privately managed off-campus residence facility specially designed for short-term stays will be provided sharing with one or two participants. All rooms will be equipped with beds, desks and air-conditioning. A kitchen or a small kitchenette, fridge, laundry machine, shower room, and toilet are also available inside or outside of the room. The residence facility is located about 30 minutes away from the Hongo campus of UTokyo by train or on foot. A grocery store or a convenience store is located nearby.
- Meals: You can enjoy any kind of meal in Tokyo. At the school cafeteria, you can eat at around 400~700 yen per meal. Sandwiches cost around 400~600 yen. If you eat outside of the University, lunch is 800～1000yen, and dinner is 1200～1500yen. Light meals and drinks are available at convenience stores located on the University Campus.
- Japanese Language Course: An intensive Japanese language course will be provided during the program. This is an introductory course specially designed for UTRIP participants. The target of this course is to enable students to have a basic knowledge of Japanese for better communication with Japanese peers at the lab and a smooth life in Japan. The content includes a curriculum that will be directly helpful and useful in daily life situations. The course is intensively given for a super short term (about five classes).
UTRIP Summer Internship Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must fulfill the following criteria for the UTRIP Summer Internship:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Have completed at least one full year in a Bachelor’s degree program at the time of application.
- Be enrolled in and, after the UTRIP program ends, be expected to return to, at least another semester, quarter, or another equivalent academic term, in a Bachelor’s degree program (or a Bachelor’s-equivalent year of an integrated Bachelor’s-Master’s degree program) at a university outside of Japan.
- Be enrolled in a natural science or related field.
- Be thinking of pursuing long-term career goals in a scientific area.
- Be able to commit to the entire six consecutive weeks of the UTRIP program (June 26 to August 6, 2024) on a full-time basis.
- Be able to present coverage of a health insurance plan that is effective during the internship program before arriving in Japan.
- English proficiency: Test scores of TOEFL or an equivalent English proficiency test (such as IELTS) are required if English is not your first language. Test scores that have already expired are accepted, as long as the applicant is still able to produce proof of the test scores upon request by the UTRIP office. Students who have received an English-medium education continuously for the past 8 years are exempted from submitting English proficiency test scores.
Documents Required for UTRIP 2024:
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or Resume
- Personal Statement
- Educational background and qualifications (including GPA)
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Scanned copy of Academic transcripts
- Recommendation letter (1)
- To apply, all applicants must submit the UTRIP summer internship application form online.
- Before applying, ensure you meet all the necessary requirements of the University of Tokyo Summer Internship Program in 2024.
- Also, submit the documents mentioned above along with your UTRIP application.
- Similarly, the selection process will take into account all documents submitted.
- The official UTRIP website will announce the selection result on 8 April 2024.
Application Deadline for the UTRIP Summer Internship Program:
- The deadline to apply for the UTRIP Summer Internship Program in Japan is 9 January 2024.
- The online recommendation form should be completed by 16 January 2024.