The WIPO Global Awards in Switzerland 2024 are currently accepting applications. Small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) have a great chance to positively impact society through their innovative and creative endeavors by entering these international awards. The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) honors exceptional companies and people each year for their skillful use of intellectual property in the marketplace. This Swiss program was created initially for small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs), but in 2024 it added a new category specifically for startups. One of the UN’s specialized agencies, WIPA, provides SMEs worldwide with a fantastic opportunity to support the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Thus, the WIPO Global Awards provide a forum for knowledge sharing and support a worldwide network of entrepreneurs, innovators, and intellectual property specialists. Please continue reading if you wish to apply!
In addition, participating businesses can win a variety of prizes and benefits from the WIPO Global Awards 2024. These consist of visibility, acknowledgment, and mentorship opportunities related to intellectual property (IP). WIPO press coverage and the opportunity to attend an awards ceremony in Geneva. The winners of this international competition will also receive a WIPO trophy. As a result, this increases the advantages of the 2024 WIPO Global Competition. In a similar vein, the World Intellectual Property Organization uses intellectual property to support SMEs and startups in achieving their respective business objectives. There will be 25 finalists selected from the annual Awards contest. Seven of these will advance to compete in the Geneva awards ceremony. Therefore, these awards are a great way to gain recognition while helping businesses expand internationally.
An international competition, the WIPO Global Awards 2024, is open to all industries and businesses looking to find entrepreneurs who can use their intellectual property rights to further their business goals. Applicants are invited to apply for the WIPO Global Awards Competition if their abilities, technological innovations, and inventiveness advance society and enhance the lives of others. Moreover, WIPO is one of the 193 member states that make up the UN. It serves as a global hub for intellectual property-related policies, information, services, and collaboration. So, why do you hesitate? Apply before the deadline for the WIPO Global Awards in 2024.
World Intellectual Property Organization Awards Evaluation Criteria:
- Contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- IP Commercialization and Business Pitch of Startups
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
WIPO Global Awards in Switzerland 2024
- Country: Switzerland
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: March 31, 2024
Eligibility Criteria for WIPO Global Awards Competition 2024:
- The Global Awards competition is open to SMEs and startups from WIPO’s 193 member countries.
- SMEs must be a registered business, and evidence of registration is a mandatory requirement.
- The SME should have a workforce of no more than 300 employees and achieve total annual sales of up to 15 million US dollars.
- Similarly, the SME must hold at least one registered Intellectual Property (IP) right.
- The enterprise must engage in exporting its products or services to at least one country.
- All candidates should have a positive attitude of contributing to the development of society.
- Moreover, for startups to be eligible for the WIPO Global Awards, they must have a staff size of no more than 50 employees.
- All startups should be affiliated with a business support organization, such as an incubator, accelerator, or similar entity, with proof of affiliation.
- The startup must prove its commitment by engaging with at least one commercial customer, completing a business sale or securing an investor.
Benefits of WIPO Global Awards 2024 in Geneva:
- Successful candidates receive fully funded travel arrangements to Geneva, participating in the Awards Ceremony in Geneva, Switzerland and other events.
- Winners of the Global Awards get a WIPO Trophy as a recognition of their achievements.
- All candidates will enjoy enhanced promotion, visibility, and recognition through participation in the Awards ceremony.
- Moreover, participants will receive a customized IP mentorship program to achieve their business goals.
- All SMEs and startups will get access to different partnerships and funding opportunities. They will also have the chance to enhance their abilities and skills on an international platform.
- The WIPO Global Awards 2024 facilitates new connections and insights to promote collaborations and partnerships for constant growth.
- These Business annual awards assist winners in securing financial resources that support and fuel their innovative ventures.
- How to Apply for the WIPO Global Awards in Switzerland?
- All interested applicants must apply online by opening the application form available on the website or click the ‘apply now’ button below.
- Before applying, however, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria, requirements and read the rules of this international contest in 2024.
- Applicants can only submit one entry, either in the SMEs or startups category.
- In addition, all entries must be submitted in any one of the six languages of United Nations official languages.
- Shortlisted finalists will be announced in the second week of May 2024.
- Ensure you submit your application before the deadline.
Application Deadline for the WIPO Global Awards 2024:
- The deadline to apply for the WIPO Global Awards is 31 March 2024.