Woods Hole Summer Student Fellowship in the USA | Fully Funded: The USA’s Woods Hole Summer Student Fellowship is currently accepting applications. Taking advantage of these international fellowships is a fantastic way to get the most out of the program and visit the USA for the summer of 2024. A research project is the primary goal of the Woods Hole Summer Fellowship program. Every Woods Hole Fellow works on a project selected in collaboration with their sponsor(s) that yields the greatest results in a single summer. The primary target audience for this summer fellowship is undergraduate students hoping to use their final summer in the US in preparation for the Woods Hole Fellowship in 2024. You must apply for the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI) Summer Student Fellowship if you wish to spend the summer of 2024 in the United States while pursuing a fellowship.
In a similar vein, the esteemed Woods Hole Summer Student Fellowship program seeks to give deserving students a singular chance to participate in ocean sciences and engineering research. The US Geological Survey’s Woods Hole Coastal and Marine Science Center and WHOI’s science departments, among others, are involved in a variety of ocean sciences and engineering research projects that have been chosen. For one summer, participants in the Woods Hole Summer Student Program work on their selected research projects with the goal of producing significant outcomes. Through the Summer Fellowship, students can participate in an exciting program that includes lectures, seminars, and an interactive ocean sampling cruise on the R/V Tioga. Similarly, a thorough investigation of data collection and sampling methods employing cutting-edge oceanographic instruments and technology is part of the cruise.
In addition, students can apply for the fully funded Summer Student Program in the USA, which offers a monthly stipend, housing allowance, and travel reimbursement. The Woods Hole Summer Student Fellowship lasts for ten to twelve weeks in the United States. Summer Student Fellows will have the opportunity to engage with graduate students in the MIT-WHOI Joint Program through the Woods Hole Fellowship. This could happen in the Ethics in Science Workshop and a mentorship program, or during the Q&A session created especially for that purpose. For international students, this fellowship offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to conduct research and spend a summer in the United States. In a similar vein, applications for the Summer Fellowship program for undergraduate students are highly encouraged from members of underrepresented groups in ocean science and engineering.
Fields Offered for Woods Hole Summer Fellowship:
Priority is given to students in science or engineering disciplines, including, but not limited to,
- Marine Policy
Woods Hole Summer Student Fellowship in the USA | Fully Funded
- Country: United States of America
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Deadline: February 5, 2024
Eligibility Criteria for Woods Hole Summer Student Fellowship in USA:
- Woods Hole Summer Student Fellowships are open to undergraduate students who will finish their junior year at colleges or universities before the fellowship period begins.
- However, students graduating before the fellowship start date are ineligible to apply,
- The summer fellowship program also welcomes international students from all around the world.
- Individuals from underrepresented groups in ocean science and engineering are strongly encouraged to apply for the Woods Hole Summer Fellowship in the USA.
- Moreover, students enrolled in a three-year Bachelor’s Degree Program, as in the UK, should be in their second year, while those in a five-year combined Bachelor/Master’s Degree Program must be in the third year of the program.
- Similarly, all Summer Student Fellows must deliver a mid-summer oral progress report.
- By the end of the summer, all Fellows must prepare a written report detailing their research.
- Plus, Summer Student Fellows are obligated to present their results in a public oral or poster format.
- Attendance at the Summer Lecture Series and the Ethics in Science Workshop is mandatory for all Woods Hole Summer Program Fellows.
Benefits of the Woods Hole Summer Student Fellowship in the USA:
- 2024 Summer Student Fellowship awards include a weekly stipend for the 10 to 12 week program. All fellows receive a stipend of $680 per week.
- Fellows also receive Additional support to help reduce the cost of travel to Woods Hole Institution. This includes a travel allowance of $700.
- Moreover, Woods Hole Summer Student Fellowship awards also include Institution housing.
- Through this Fellowship grants program, the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution aims to provide valuable experience to a promising group of science and engineering students.
- Similarly, fellows are encouraged to take part in the Summer Lecture Series, the Ethics in Science Workshop, and various seminars and events within the vibrant Woods Hole scientific community.
- In addition, the Summer Student Fellowship helps students decide whether to pursue careers in ocean science and engineering, providing valuable insights and exposure.
Requirements for Woods Hole Fellowship:
- Curriculum Vitae/CV or Resume
- Unofficial transcripts
- Answer short essay questions (research statement questions)
- Letters of recommendation (2)
- You must be thinking about how to apply for the Woods Hole Summer Student Fellowship in the USA for 2024.
- To apply, click on the official site or click on the ‘apply now‘ button below.
- Similarly, the entire application process for the fellowship in the USA is online.
- Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria specified for the Summer Student Fellowship 2024.
- Also, submit all the necessary documents as mentioned above.
- All selected students must arrive in Woods Hole between May and June 2024.
- The US fellowship selects around 25-30 students per program.
Application Deadline for the Woods Hole Summer Student Fellowship:
- The deadline to apply for the Woods Hole Summer Student Fellowship is 5 February 2024.