Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship to study in USA for free. The top-class international opportunity aims at providing the platform for outstanding and academically excellent individuals to continue their higher studies in one of the top ten schools in the world that is none other than the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota. Thus, the Sawiris Scholarship is a golden chance for the ones who want to have a skill-oriented learning experience in the USA.
The fully paid Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship is administered by Newton Education Services on behalf of the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development. The organization reputes well in preparing the students for a successful university experience. Since 2015 the organization has been working with the Sawiris Foundation in selecting the students to get this full scholarship keeping in view their previous work experience and academic excellence. In 2015, Newton was selected by the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development (SFSD) to manage this new scholarship, the Yousriya Loza Sawiris Scholarship (YLSS).
YLSS is a Full Fee Masters’ scholarship in the USA that is being offered by Sawiris Foundation for Social Development. This organization is a non-profit Egyptian organization and is very well-reputed when it comes to charity. The Sawiris Foundation provides and creates study and job opportunities abroad along with training programs. These training programs are particularly in the economic fields and according to the professional requirements of the market. Moreover, it provides fully funded international scholarships to needy students so that they could be able to study in the world’s best institutes without having any financial worries in their minds.
The Master’s degree scholarship in Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs encourages the students who satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program. MDP is a dynamic systemwide training program that is designed to enhance and strengthen leadership capabilities and competencies. The best thing about these fully paid US scholarships is that they are awarded based on financial need as well as merit-based. The merit of this Yousriya Loza-Sawiris USA Scholarship for Egyptians is calculated through character demonstrated by academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior. So, one must apply for this international Scholarship if one fulfills the requirements.
Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship in USA 2024-25:
- United States of America
- Newton Education Services
- University of Minnesota
Benefits of the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship 2024-25 in USA:
- The full tuition fee will be paid.
- All the travel expenses will be covered.
- The living expenses will be covered by this scholarship.
- The health insurance of the student will be fully covered.
Eligibility Criteria of the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship 2024-25:
- The students who are Egyptian nationals and also reside in Egypt can only apply.
- Students with dual nationality will not be preferred.
- The candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree or must be having an equivalent education from a well-reputed institute.
- The Bachelor’s degree must be related to the selected field of study.
- The candidate must have completed a 50-credit academic master’s program in two academic years.
- The candidate must have completed an 8-10 week mid-program summer field experience.
- The candidate must have employment in the development sector in Egypt following graduation for no less than two consecutive years.
- The candidate must have at least two years of work experience in the relevant field.
- The candidate must fulfill all the entry requirements for the academic MDP program.
- Students from liberal arts, mathematics, statistics, and economics are highly recommended.
- An English proficiency certificate is required. Minimum required scores: 100 ( TOEFL internet-based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 (IELTS, minimum 7 on each section).
How to apply for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship in the USA?
- The candidates have to apply online for the scholarship.
- The candidates have to apply to and be accepted at, the Masters of Development Practice (MDP) program at the Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota, USA, independently from this scholarship application.
- The candidates have to write a personal statement in the form of an essay that must not exceed more than 1000 words.
- If someone is residing abroad, he or she must give a valid reason for staying abroad.
Documents Required for the Fully-Funded Scholarships:
- Completed application form.
- The personal statement
- Copy of valid passport ID page
- Copy of the National ID
- Copy of the National ID of the guarantor. The guarantor is the person who signs the contract with the accepted student. This person could be the candidate’s father, mother, sister, or brother.
- An updated resume.
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts.
- TOEFL/IELTS score.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- One recent personal photo.
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
- The last date to apply for the scholarship is October 12, 2023.