Yale Young African Scholars Program 2024 | USA: Yale University Scholarship 2024-2025 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for undergraduate, masters and PhD. Yale Scholarship can vary from a few hundred dollars to over $70,000 per year; the average Yale need-based scholarship is over $50,000.
This university is one of the greatest universities in the USA and is part of the Ivy League schools. The Ivy League schools are synonymous with prestige and academic excellence. The dream of many high school students is to study at Ivy League schools because professional success is almost guaranteed by studying at these universities.
Yale University is the third oldest university in the US and was found in 1701 at New Haven, Connecticut. It was originally founded as a school to educate the clergy but soon was changed to teach many other fields of study. Many well-known students have graduated from Yale including Nobel Laureates, Supreme Court Justices, US Presidents and Rhodes Scholars.
This university is ranked among the top universities in the world because of its academic brilliance. This university stands at 15th in the world by top Universities and 3rd in the US by the US News because of its prestige and an excellent academic standard.
Yale University offer a number of scholarships in the form of financial aid. Approximately 63% of undergraduate students, including international, received financial aid. For graduate scholarships, students have to apply to the departments of their choice because funding policies are different for each department. Graduate funding is determined by individual departments, not the university.
- Yale University
Yale Young African Scholars Program 2024 Benefits:
- By 2024, Young Young African Scholars will offer both an in-house program and an online option with no tuition costs associated with participation. Zero enrollment costs apply as 200 students will participate annually at our Online YYAS Workshop; an event open to students from all African nations.
- Staying engaged in this program requires participants to connect to Zoom and Canvas using smartphones/tablets with reliable internet. Our program will focus on career exploration, preparation for university applications, and adapting to life after high school graduation.
Due to YYAS’ short duration and attendance requirement, students cannot miss even one day from attending this program.
- Participants who complete this online YYAS Workshop (free!) will receive the pdf YYAS Certificate for Completion to submit with university applications or colleges. (Residency in Zimbabwe only). This event marks a great way for YYAS Summit organizers and participants to connect.
Students from African nations are invited to attend this 10-week YYAS Summit held on a college campus located in Zimbabwe. Each of the 120 accepted will stay for 10 weeks on this campus living together as one big family!
- This program emphasizes the significance of leadership, innovation, and design skills as 21st-century skills taught via online course content.
Due to its short duration, YYAS requires full attendance; students may not miss even one day during their course. Students who successfully finish will receive a Certificate in Completion which they can utilize when applying to universities and colleges.
YYAS Summit provides complimentary accommodation and meals. In addition, all academic course material can be obtained for no tuition cost ($0).
- All students must be able to travel from and back to Zimbabwe to participate in an event known as YYAS Summit – an African housing event where students plan, fundraise, and organize.
Yale Young African Scholars Program 2024 Eligibility Criteria:
- To qualify for YYAS, an applicant must fulfill all of the following prerequisites. Age: To be considered eligible for YYAS, an individual must be between 14-18 years old on July 18, 2024 (yyas students typically range between 16-17).
- English Competence participants must possess sufficient English competency to fully engage in an intensive academic program taught entirely in English. Citizenship You must be either an African national, a permanent citizen of one, or a refugees living within African nations to be accepted by YYAS.
- Your current school should be located within one of Africa’s countries and you should currently enrolled in either 11th or 10th grades (or equivalent grades in another country).
- Graduation dates vary based on where students reside: If located within the Northern Hemisphere, secondary education must be complete before May/June 2025 at an earlier opportunity and by 2026 as soon as possible; those located within the Southern Hemisphere should complete secondary school by November/December 2024 and by 2025 respectively.
Application Procedure For Yale Young African Scholars Program 2024:
- Step One: Review YYAS eligibility conditions.
- Step Two: Examine essential components of an application form.
- Step Three: Read an example application before writing answers to as many potential questions.
- Step Four: It is imperative that contact details of either parents/guardians, teachers, or any other relevant individuals at your school be provided as soon as possible to go over a PDF of an empty sample application together and ensure you have all of the required data and documents available to complete an application form successfully.
- Step Five: To begin completing your YYAS application, just click “Apply Now”, note down and record your password and email for later login into the program, making your submission within either Early Action Deadlines of November 10th at 11:59am ET or Regular Deadlines (January 25th at 11 am ET respectively) respectively.
- Step six: Use the program’s “Review” page to examine whether there are any missing components that must be present, returning to any pages with missing info for additional help if necessary.
- Step Seven: To submit your completed application, visit Step 7. At the end of this step 7, when reviewing, click “Review”, followed by clicking the bottom button which allows for “Submit Application” – simply hit that and your done!
Step eight: Search your email inbox for the YYAS confirmation email that was sent within 24-48 hours after submission to confirm your application has been properly received and accepted by us. Due to occasional processing delays with payments, this confirmation message usually arrives shortly thereafter.
If you need assistance traveling to or attending the YYAS Summit, or need to locate fundraising sources, reach out to YYAS today for support!
How to Apply for Yale University Scholarship?
Please follow the following steps to avail Yale University Scholarship:
Check these specific requirements of this scholarship:
- Two Teacher Recommendations
- $80 Application Fee or Fee Waiver
- Standardized Testing Results
- Counselor Recommendation and School Report (including transcript)
- Final Report
- Mid-Year Report
For Undergraduate students, click here to apply.
For graduate students. Please apply through choosing the appropriate program from here.
You will get an e-mail for acceptance or refuse.
The Application Deadline For Yale Young African Scholars Program is 25 January 2024,