The Women for Zero Hunger Program 2024 is currently accepting applications! Women in Africa (WIA), a premier platform for empowering and advancing all African women entrepreneurs, is offering this fantastic opportunity. Open to associations or non-governmental organizations, this African program is a unique endeavor with the goal of empowering women. WIA Philanthropy was established in 2016 with the goal of being the leading global platform to assist African women in their pursuits and to support female entrepreneurs by offering them a range of opportunities. WIA and Stop Hunger have joined forces to create the Women for Zero Hunger mentoring program. WIA hopes to combat hunger and food insecurity in Africa through this program.
In addition, three nonprofit organizations will receive comprehensive support in 2024 from the Women for Zero Hunger Program. The goal of the program in Africa is to increase these organizations’ visibility. thereby serving as an inspiration to others and granting them recognition for their influential work. Participating organizations will also gain from invaluable mentorship, professional guidance, and tailored support to help them achieve their goals. €10,000 will be given to the three NGOs or associative structures as part of the WIA Program 2024. Following the mentoring program, the three finalists will be evaluated by a jury using predetermined standards. In addition to being acknowledged, the chosen organization’s representative will receive an invitation to the yearly Stop Hunger event in Paris. The selected representative will be presented with a trophy during this event and given the chance to participate in a crowdfunding campaign to raise money for their cause.
In a similar vein, Stop Hunger and WIA’s Women for Zero Hunger Program is fantastic for Africans. The winner will have their initiative and solution to end hunger and help women and girls highly visible and recognized. Additionally, Stop Hunger, which was started by Sodexo employees 25 years ago, actively works at the local and sustainable level to end hunger worldwide. Stop Hunger is a global non-profit organization that works to end food insecurity by promoting leadership and taking action beyond the realm of traditional food aid. The organization is particularly focused on empowering women. The Women for Zero Hunger Program, then, embodies the same philosophy. Thus, if this seems like a good opportunity for associations and NGOs, be sure to read through to the end.
Women for Zero Hunger Program 2024 | Win €10,000
- Country: Africa
- Financial coverage: Paid
- Deadline: February 29, 2024
Eligibility Criteria for Women for Zero Hunger Program 2024:
- The Women in Africa Program is open to associations or NGOS only.
- Non-profit organizations should have a minimum of three years of experience to be eligible for the program.
- The organization must either be based in Africa or actively engaged in activities within an African country.
- Furthermore, the association should be involved in operations within at least one African Anglophone and/or Francophone country to meet the eligibility criteria.
- Effectiveness and quality of the “solution”
- Potential of the “solution” to scale and have a broader impact
- The solution should benefit women and girls
Benefits of WIA Program 2024:
- Each of the three chosen associative structures will receive €10,000, providing essential funding to support their activities.
- The primary goal of the WIA program is to inspire, gain recognition, and increase impact for the participating non-profit organizations.
- Moreover, the program offers a chance to receive expert advice and personalized support, contributing to the development and refinement of strategies.
- All three chosen non-profit organizations will participate in a comprehensive six-month mentoring initiative led by Stop Hunger and WIA Philanthropy.
- The top selected association or NGO will be invited to the annual Stop Hunger event in Paris, where they will receive a trophy and have the opportunity to engage in a crowd funding operation during the event.
- It is a great initiative to fight Hunger and food insecurity.
- The program aims to recognize those associations whose solution benefits women and girls.
- How to apply for the Women for Zero Hunger program?
- To apply, visit the official application portal or click the ‘apply now’ button below. This will redirect you to the official portal.
- Non-profit organizations or associations can submit their applications by filling out a selection questionnaire.
- WIA Philanthropy and Stop Hunger will conduct a preliminary screening process, pre-selecting the top seven non-profit organizations.
- The shortlisted organizations will then be presented to the international jury overseeing the program.
- Similarly, the international jury will make the final selection, choosing three associations from the pre-selected pool.
- The WIA pre-selection will take place at the end of February 2024 and the jury selection will take place in mid-May.
Application Deadline for Women for Zero Hunger Program 2024:
- The deadline to apply for the Women for Zero Hunger Program is end of February 2024.